Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new predator for to install in my brothers 2006 300SRT8. I came with 9r17 preloaded but of course since the car is a 2006 it needed the update inorder for the program to download properly. Went online to the predator website and downloaded the 9r18 crom and the 9r12 crom. These were the only ones listed for downloading.
Problem is the the 9r18 stopped loading at 7747 of 8587 and the predator error message said "Unable to store Crom Image"

So I started over and loaded up the 9r12 crom. It loaded successfully. Will this run on the 2006 300SRT8? I have not downloaded this to the car yet since I don't know how it will run. My 2006 Charger SRT8 runs the 9r17 great. I was hoping to get the latest version of 9r17 or 9r18 to load in the car.

Does anyone have a working 9r17 or 9r18 crom that I can download to my predator?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
If you're not running an 09, 9r12 is just as good for you, and will very likely have all the CAL ID's necessary for your year.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Have you updated the car's factory software yet? Did you get a prompt for that when you first plugged the Pred into the car? The CROM updates the Pred programming but the car also needs the latest OEM software to work with the Predator. As Cruisin mentioned, the 9r12 is as far as you need to go for an '06 vehicle. My Pred won't even update beyond 9r12 due to a firmware limitation but I don't need that anyway.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I finally got it installed. Had to down load the updated software 3 times before I could get the performance tune loaded to the car. This one was a pain!!! This is my 3rd predator so I have done it many times. This one bit me though. I loaded the latest 9r12 could not get the 9r17 or 9r18 to work which is funny. That is what I run on my 06 CHSRT8.

Anyway, I'm dissapointed that it took so damn long. Car running good. I guess thats what matters in the long run. Too bad they (diablo) dont send out all of the predators with the latest software version.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got my predator today, and based on the link above looks like there is no need to download a newer CROm tham 9r12, since I will be using it on an 07 rt, and the updates after 12 all seem to relate to newer years? would that be a correct assumption?

·
Registered
990 Posts
I just got my predator today, and based on the link above looks like there is no need to download a newer CROm tham 9r12, since I will be using it on an 07 rt, and the updates after 12 all seem to relate to newer years? would that be a correct assumption?
Yes, that is correct

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well the PO must have had a tune on it previously. I did not need a DCX update on my 07, and the predator I received from Maryland speed yesterday came with 9r18 on it. I loaded the CAI 91 and reset TCM. I pretty much followed to the letter the dsetup from the sticky on the subject in this forum. I am pleasantly surprised.
it was worth it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just received my new Predator yesterday and I have a new 2009 SRT8... I don't know, if I have already the new 9r18 update on my Predator or not? :confused:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Plug the Predator into your car (or power it up with the wall power adapter) and at the top of the screen, it will tell you the revision it has.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks Cruisin1966 :rocker:

That's bad... I have the 9r17 on it! The problem now is how to download the 9r18 to my new predator? Help me please... :beerchug:

·
Registered
990 Posts
You can run 9r17 in your car. The only difference between r17 and r18 is a couple of CALID's that have no connection to the 09's

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh yeah, cool... Thanks bro! :beerchug:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just got mine today, it came with the 9r18 already loaded... I guess I'm all set :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts