Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are proud to announce the release of our much anticipated new ported intake manifold. This is fully hand portedand polished throughout the entire inner workings of the intake manifold. In addition to the port work, all of our intake manifolds will come with a thermal block ceramic coating on the bottom cover to prevent as much heat soak as possible. This is not a paint of any sort, but a true media blasted intake that has then been ceramic coated and baked in an oven. This particular intake has the optional Thermal Dispersant Ceramic coating on the top so that any heat that may be absorbed is quickly dispersed. We are confident that this intake will destroy any other intake on the market. We will have thermal readings today. Our plan is to put two cars side by side and check temp of both intakes, we will then start both cars and check temps after 10 minutes and again after 20 minutes and report the results. Enjoy the pics and remember, this is a true ceramic coating, not just a paint.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Intake Manifold pricing starts at $699 and you get the same porting along with the ceramic thermal block. For an additional $150, you also get the ceramic thermal dispersant on the rest of the manifold. These are introductory prices, actual msrp will be announced on a later date.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Is that for the 6.1L or the 5.7L ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is for the 6.1. Thanks for the compliments guys.
Great work. Availability for the 5.7?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We can fab up some spacers so that you can run a 6.1 intake on your 5.7, but you will have to buy a 6.1 intake manifold and they are far from cheap.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Tell me more- I'm assuming this helps a greater air volume get into the engine?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its more for looks than it is for performance. There may be a gain of x amount, but it wouldnt be a large amount. We will be testing this soon and I can let you know the results.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Maybe I am missing something, but why pay $700 bucks for an intake mainfold for the looks??? I would do it for performance gains but not looks. Now dont get me wrong it DOES LOOK KICK A$$. But this just my opinion.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Maybe I am missing something, but why pay $700 bucks for an intake mainfold for the looks??? I would do it for performance gains but not looks. Now dont get me wrong it DOES LOOK KICK A$$. But this just my opinion.
Ditto...and by the way I did look into putting the 6.1 intake on my 5.7 and after all is said and done you're looking at about $2500...and no one would give me dyno numbers or make any claim of a gain in HP.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually, It would only cost you the cost of the intake and the spacers. About $1000. Not sure who quoted you $2500, but thats way off. I have a 6.1 intake on my 5.7 and thats way more than I paid.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im not trying to sell to the 5.7 crowd, but the 6.1 crowd. Someone inquired and I gave my honest opinion. I could have said, sure it will gain you 20 hp, but I dont think it will. Many people spend alot of money to look good.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Im not trying to sell to the 5.7 crowd, but the 6.1 crowd. Someone inquired and I gave my honest opinion. I could have said, sure it will gain you 20 hp, but I dont think it will. Many people spend alot of money to look good.
There's a lot more of us 5.7 guys than 6.1. Why can't you port and polish a 5.7 manifold?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You have removed a lot of material from the boss area of the injector holes and looks like sharp edges were left. Could this area possibly crack now?

I would think it was built up in that area for a reason. yes/no?

·
Registered
154 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts