Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may already know, PPP will be a cmr dealer and will be building and creating custom tunes for customer vehicles as soon as the cmr is released. The latest update stated that the CMR will be released at the same time as the hand-helds and if that is the case, we will start building custom tunes next week. If you have a specific request that you would like done to your vehicle that the Predator will not do, you can call us and we will create that tune based off of your request and send you a new tune that you can then load into the vehicle. Pricing has not been set but it will be based off of an hourly rate with a minimum price. The Predator has the ability to datalog important engine parameters to insure that the tuning is spot on. If you are interested and/or have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we would be glad to help you in any way we can. All of our heads/cam packages as well as turbo kits and stroker motors will also have custom tunes created in order to insure the vehicle is running as if it came from the factory with these mods in place. As of right now, we are the only vendor to have worked with this cmr software as our own car was completely custom tuned by the guys at Diablosport themselves. We were able to extract an additional 26rwhp and 38rwtq with the custom tuning which then allowed us to run the fastest NA time in the country in an lx vehicle.

·
Registered
350 Posts
As some of you may already know, PPP will be a cmr dealer and will be building and creating custom tunes for customer vehicles as soon as the cmr is released. The latest update stated that the CMR will be released at the same time as the hand-helds and if that is the case, we will start building custom tunes next week. If you have a specific request that you would like done to your vehicle that the Predator will not do, you can call us and we will create that tune based off of your request and send you a new tune that you can then load into the vehicle. Pricing has not been set but it will be based off of an hourly rate with a minimum price. The Predator has the ability to datalog important engine parameters to insure that the tuning is spot on. If you are interested and/or have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we would be glad to help you in any way we can. All of our heads/cam packages as well as turbo kits and stroker motors will also have custom tunes created in order to insure the vehicle is running as if it came from the factory with these mods in place. As of right now, we are the only vendor to have worked with this cmr software as our own car was completely custom tuned by the guys at Diablosport themselves. We were able to extract an additional 26rwhp and 38rwtq with the custom tuning which then allowed us to run the fastest NA time in the country in an lx vehicle.
When this tuning becomes available, I can tell you now I am interested. On my 5.7, I have the stage 2 package from HHP (heads/cam/headers/ B&G 2/ with corsas and dub CAI. I am convinced it has another 15-25 hp with a tune. Just let me know when you have the capapcity and I will be your first client..

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i ahve a really stupid question:
what does CMR stand for? i gather that it has more to do with having a minimum of heads and a cam. but im not clear, if a lil more 'splainin could be done id appreciate :D

and if nots not headers cam and on.... what can this do for some with headers back and a cai? as i have a diablo sport on order.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Andy,
Is this what you are going to have at Mopar Thunder in Bristol?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i ahve a really stupid question:
what does CMR stand for? i gather that it has more to do with having a minimum of heads and a cam. but im not clear, if a lil more 'splainin could be done id appreciate :D

and if nots not headers cam and on.... what can this do for some with headers back and a cai? as i have a diablo sport on order.
I don't know exactly what the letters CMR stands for but it is the Software that lets tuners fine tune your PCM and TCM to your mods. If you have a fairly stock vehicle with just catback and Intake you won't need to spend the money on a custom tune. Like you said once you start going more in depth like LT headers, heads, cams, etc... you'll want to get a custom tune to get the most out of those upgrades. It's great that vendors will be able to send their customers custom tunes with their upgrade packages now.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
right, i knew the diablo allowed for custom tuning that was advised once u get up to the LT headers phase in modding. but is that essentially the same.. or is the the same as modding the CMR?

i guess what im asking is when you get a "dyno custom tune" for your car with a diablo certified tech.. is it the CMR that they change? or is this CMR mod something to sort of piggy back that dyno tune?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
right, i knew the diablo allowed for custom tuning that was advised once u get up to the LT headers phase in modding. but is that essentially the same.. or is the the same as modding the CMR?

i guess what im asking is when you get a "dyno custom tune" for your car with a diablo certified tech.. is it the CMR that they change? or is this CMR mod something to sort of piggy back that dyno tune?
CMR is the software from what I understand. So when you're getting a "dyno tune" they're using the CMR software to make a custom tune to load onto your predator.

Nevermind just looked it up on Diablo's website.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=8

CMR is the whole system including an actual chip which stands for "Chip Master Revolution". So the software is just part of the package.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
well i checked out that link. it seems as tho they CMR is a different item from the handheld tuner. but i cant quite figure out how they come together. any one got some more expertise by chance?

or am i just totally wetoddid

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
well i checked out that link. it seems as tho they CMR is a different item from the handheld tuner. but i cant quite figure out how they come together. any one got some more expertise by chance?

or am i just totally wetoddid
The CMR creates the tune. They then load that tune onto your predator then the predator loads it onto your vehicle.

Dealer makes tune with CMR ----> Tune is loaded onto Predator -----> End user or dealer uses Predator to load to Vehicle

·
Registered
928 Posts
correct donato, think of the CMR as a special computer that reads what your car is doing, notes what can be changed and then talks the diablo into making changes on your car.

all YOU need is your hand held

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
makes totaly sense. :) thx for dumbing it down for me

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
When I get my diablo, I am taking my car to a performance shop and having them dyno tune my car for me.

·
Registered
928 Posts
As I understand it (and correct me if im wrong guys), PPP is going to be able to: have you use your diablo to collect data (its capable of real time stats and logging), send in the file to PPP, make a tune, send you the file back, plug said semi custom tune into your car. you might not even have to take your car in to get it tuned =) aint technology grand!!

im sure there will be a prescribed "do these things while logging" that goes along with this, but (AFIK) there is no reason that the diablo cant see everything a "dyno tune" can (sans true HP)

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are on a dyno, they will be monitoring air/fuel, timing, KR. They will then use the cmr to custom tune based off of those numbers. We will be doing the same thing. The datalogging will read all of that info while you are driving on the street as oppossed to being on the dyno which is better since the car is under a load and gives better info. I can assure you that you will pay up to $400 for a dyno tune at your local shop, ours will be much cheaper. I would pay $75 and dyno my car, then get a custom tune from us and then go back to the dyno to see the results. It will be much cheaper this way. If you go to the dyno and the air/fuel seems a little off, I will send you a new tune to try until we get it nailed down.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
If you are on a dyno, they will be monitoring air/fuel, timing, KR. They will then use the cmr to custom tune based off of those numbers. We will be doing the same thing. The datalogging will read all of that info while you are driving on the street as oppossed to being on the dyno which is better since the car is under a load and gives better info. I can assure you that you will pay up to $400 for a dyno tune at your local shop, ours will be much cheaper. I would pay $75 and dyno my car, then get a custom tune from us and then go back to the dyno to see the results. It will be much cheaper this way. If you go to the dyno and the air/fuel seems a little off, I will send you a new tune to try until we get it nailed down.
what what whaaaaat? 4 bills? lordy that blows my mind.:knockout: :knockout: :dead: this was the first thing i wanted to do after i get my predator(will be doing full exhaust at the end of this week as well)

so the custom tuens you will be offering, what kinda charge will it be to have some one email(?) you the info from our diablo, and have you tune, and us recieve the custom tune?
and if we send you a "check up" on the a/f ratios and you think they can be tweaked better, is there extra charge?

thanks

·
Registered
14,728 Posts

what if i bought my programmer from ebay?? :grin: ( i didnt i brought it from ppp)

Too bad i live so far away

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
what if i bought my programmer from ebay?? :grin: ( i didnt i brought it from ppp)
i bought it from PPP, so that means you guys are gonna do all my tuning for free right? :ninja: good, i appreciate it :ninja: hehehehe :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Now that's sick. Sick and awesome. Technology IS grand, hah!

So will there be some file we upload to our PC's from the handheld and email it over to you guys? Curious.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yup!

This will be the route I take!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts