Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Curious if anyone here would like to share the cost of their Paint Protection Film (PPF), what all you had covered (bumper, entire car, etc.), and what type of PPF you had installed for your Charger. Currently going around getting quotes but am struggling to get responses from any of my local shops but want to mentally prepare myself.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2017 Corvette Z06/Z07 3LZ
78 Posts
I had my Scat professionally paint corrected and ceramic coated with opti-coat pro it ran me about 900 car is insanely glossy in person and in picture. Paint is still super easy to clean and never gets too dirty. I was asking for quotes on PPF as well during the process for just the front bumper and the 3 shops that use XPEL PPF quoted me 600 so expect that price range for just the front bumper. For full front package it was about 1700 for the PPF. I decided to not get PPF and just go for the ceramic coating since my Scat is not a daily and usually I don't go on the highways often. So far I've gotten lucky and have practically no rock chips with 6000 miles on the car.

·
Registered
508 Posts
$950 in Utah for Xpel Ultimate to cover entire front end and about 1/4 up hood. I think it is sold as a kit that way (Hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors).

(Paint Protection Film)

·
Registered
2019 TorRed Charger Scatpack Daytona
343 Posts
I'll be having the front end, hood, side mirrors done in stek diamond shield. Was quoted 2 days and 1400 CAD. I decided to skip the fenders as they were quite pricey and the side skirts im hoping the rock guards will help with.

For coating of the whole car he wanted 2k CAD which includes a full body 2 step paint correction first. I passed on that...may have the wheels done. His prices are a bit on the higher end but I've seen his work in person and his passion shines through. The reviews from other customers echo this...so I feel like with ppf finding an actual pro installer is just as important as the product.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I'll be having the front end, hood, side mirrors done in stek diamond shield. Was quoted 2 days and 1400 CAD. I decided to skip the fenders as they were quite pricey and the side skirts im hoping the rock guards will help with.

For coating of the whole car he wanted 2k CAD which includes a full body 2 step paint correction first. I passed on that...may have the wheels done. His prices are a bit on the higher end but I've seen his work in person and his passion shines through. The reviews from other customers echo this...so I feel like with ppf finding an actual pro installer is just as important as the product.
Its worth the 2K if you decide to keep the car for 5+ years, imo.
Especially with all the salt and bird crap that goes around.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah I hear you. I don't know if I will though I kind of want to be in a hellcat soon.... Though reasonably I shouldn't as I have a couple other priorities.

·
Registered
99 Posts
In NJ I got a quote for XPEL full car wrap of scat pack widebody $8k. Tough pill to swallow.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow 8k USD that would be a hard pass for me
Yea. Pretty sure full car wrap for any PPF is $7k+. They have front end wraps for like 2.5/3k or simpler options like bumper wraps for much less.

Ceramic coating is significantly less but it's different technology and different benefits. I think base package for ceramic coating is about $1k.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had my Scat professionally paint corrected and ceramic coated with opti-coat pro it ran me about 900 car is insanely glossy in person and in picture. Paint is still super easy to clean and never gets too dirty. I was asking for quotes on PPF as well during the process for just the front bumper and the 3 shops that use XPEL PPF quoted me 600 so expect that price range for just the front bumper. For full front package it was about 1700 for the PPF. I decided to not get PPF and just go for the ceramic coating since my Scat is not a daily and usually I don't go on the highways often. So far I've gotten lucky and have practically no rock chips with 6000 miles on the car.
Yea. My 2022 widebody will be a daily driver with highway use AND live in NJ with shitty roads... so will definitely be doing PPF and working a 2nd job to pay for it lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yea. My 2022 widebody will be a daily driver with highway use AND live in NJ with shitty roads... so will definitely be doing PPF and working a 2nd job to pay for it lol
Yea. Pretty sure full car wrap for any PPF is $7k+. They have front end wraps for like 2.5/3k or simpler options like bumper wraps for much less.

Ceramic coating is significantly less but it's different technology and different benefits. I think base package for ceramic coating is about $1k.

Idk man, you saw my costs? and this is in Canadian.

"I'll be having the front end, hood, side mirrors done in stek diamond shield. Was quoted 2 days and 1400 + tax CAD. I decided to skip the fenders as they were quite pricey and the side skirts im hoping the rock guards will help with. "

·
Registered
2017 Corvette Z06/Z07 3LZ
78 Posts
Highly recommend detailers domain in Norwood. They are doing the full paint correction, Xpel on the whole front end and rocker panels, and ceramic coating on my Z06 in a few weeks. Some of my friends have had work done by them one of the best detailers in the state if not the best.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is what I was quoted for PPF here in Florida:

Front bumper, hood and mirrors - $1800.

For ceramic coating:
Gloss enhancement to fix any blemishes - $349
Ceramic has four packages - $649, $1,249, $1,449 or $1,849. Difference being 1, 2, 3, or 5 layers of ceramic layers and warranty life.

·
Registered
99 Posts

For ceramic coating:
Ceramic has four packages - $649, $1,249, $1,449 or $1,849. Difference being 1, 2, 3, or 5 layers of ceramic layers and warranty life.
Quote looks good and similar to NJ pricing. The gloss enhancement for $349 is a bit "grey area" I think. Some cars (used and sometimes even new) need actually paint correction which is an hourly charge on top. So keep that it mind.

·
Registered
343 Posts

For ceramic coating:
I'd try to get them to get the headlights done for free or swap with the mirrors. That's what I did. my headlights look great still :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts