Fix It Again Tony!

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yikes!

From Hemi Beast to...

Fix It Again Tony!
Sure feels like 1979 all over again. From 1971 Hemi Cudas and Challengers to Omni's and K cars.

By the way, did you know all of the tooling that was used to make the 2.2L 4 cylinder was sold to the Chinese! They are making 2.2L Chinese 4 cylinders with our tooling and may sell them to back to us!

What has the world come too!!:rolleyes2:

Brian

·
Registered
57 Posts
So Brian, have you started working on a custom blend for a 850cc. four cylinder yet? :biggrinjester:

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So Brian, have you started working on a custom blend for a 850cc. four cylinder yet? :biggrinjester:
Yea......reluctantly!!:rolleyes2:

I do make materials for 1.6 and 1.8 Mazda Miatas and I blend lots of materials on plenty of Big Dog, Indian, Motoguzzi, Ducati, Triumph and Harley Davidson motorcycle oils that people really rave about.

Especially the ones with wet clutches. Harley people are always calling me and telling me how the local shop flipped out because there wasn't any carbon on the parts inside the transmission during the transmission inspections and they laugh because the shop will say basically say what the heck etc.

Continues!

Brian
440-821-9040 :driving:

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Yea......reluctantly!!:rolleyes2:

I do make materials for 1.6 and 1.8 Mazda Miatas and I blend lots of materials on plenty of Big Dog, Indian, Motoguzzi, Ducati, Triumph and Harley Davidson motorcycle oils that people really rave about.

Especially the ones with wet clutches. Harley people are always calling me and telling me how the local shop flipped out because there wasn't any carbon on the parts inside the transmission during the transmission inspections and they laugh because the shop will say basically say what the heck etc.

Continues!

Brian
440-821-9040 :driving:
If you've been working on oils for Mopeds, FIAT will be calling you! :D

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Sure feels like 1979 all over again. From 1971 Hemi Cudas and Challengers to Omni's and K cars.

By the way, did you know all of the tooling that was used to make the 2.2L 4 cylinder was sold to the Chinese! They are making 2.2L Chinese 4 cylinders with our tooling and may sell them to back to us!

What has the world come too!!:rolleyes2:

Brian

Brian, Things are screwed up for sure.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, me too! Hey, don't you mean Mopars then Mopeds.....maybe in the future one in the same. :slap:

Smart cars they are not!:D:D:biggrinjester:

Brian
440-821-9040

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Well, maybe, just maybe, they will keep the Hemi and just apply that new cylinderhead tech they have. I know, they have already said that nobody needs a Hemi, so its unlikely, but who knows, maybe they will see the light.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, maybe, just maybe, they will keep the Hemi and just apply that new cylinderhead tech they have. I know, they have already said that nobody needs a Hemi, so its unlikely, but who knows, maybe they will see the light.
It would be really cool if they did. Just glad I bought mine when I did and didn't do the conservative thing by dismissing my desire for it.

Been a great 4 years!:banana:

Brian :D
440-821-9040

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fiat is the worst thing that ever happened to chrysler. fiat makes nothing but junk their cars sink and fall apart. leave it to the germans to mess up chrysler just like they did to D H L thanks next time do us all a favor and buy a japanese company

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have been thinking.....maybe this isn't so bad, I mean...Who wants to: 1. Drive fast, 2. Sound Great when doing #1, 3.Look the part. Just think, This way, our hoods can be half the size, which makes it easier to park in smaller paces and garages!

Yay!

n.m I'll take my big car with the big power!:driving:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
The only way I want a 2 liter engine is if it has a turbo making 60lbs of boost!

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
I know, they have already said that nobody needs a Hemi, so its unlikely, but who knows, maybe they will see the light.
See, that's just one side of the coin. The real question is: does anyone want a Hemi? Either the engine is selling well or it isn't. If it isn't dropping it actually makes sense. If it is, it only makes sense to drop it if you've got an alternate. Offering a simultaneous choice of a v8 Hemi and an alternate engine is the sensible choice so you can see what the consumer reaction is. If you just put all your eggs in one basket and pull the Hemi entirely, trusting your customers to accept your replacement, you could lose the customer entirely.

I've got to hope that the marketing clowns know all this.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I've got to hope that the marketing clowns know all this.
Click your heels Dorothy :)

I watched a marketing VP at an OEM contract FIVE customer surveys, because the first four results differed with the VP's opinion of what the results should have been. Approximately $100,000 per survey, fifth survey finally had the right answer.

Years ago, after Chrysler bought AMC, they were going to kill the Grand Wagoneer. It was low volume, and didn't justify the production. They did some research on the customers and found the customers were high income, and usually bought other CHRYSLER products. While it did not make much money, it generated a ton of other revenue from sales on other high profit cars.

Compare that to the hemi, if the hemi went away, what would the customers buy? More V6 Chargers, or some other similar car?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Actually FIAT has already said they will be keeping them HEMI (the 5.7 VVT anyway... word is still out on the SRT). They like it and actually want to use it in some of their own cars. This is already confirmed... don't have the source but I know it's confirmed. This info was released over on LXForums weeks ago.

Chill out ppl..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts