Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a silver RT and just recently tinted the back windows. I almost went for a lighter grading on the drvier and passenger side windows, but chickened out at the last minute since it's illegal here in Cali and people get pulled pretty frequently for it around here. I was wondering if it's possible to install power shades on the front two windows, like they have on the BMW 745i. I've searched all over and can't find anything on this type of mod and how it could be done. Any suggestions? Possible price range for custom mod?

Also.....(on a side note).....Just curious about everyone's feelings on blacked out break lights. I was competely against it before I got the windows tinted, but now I'm thinking it might not look that bad against the blacked out tint.

·
Registered
630 Posts
No responses usually mean no one know what you are asking, or no one has an answer for you. I for one have never heard of power shades, especially for Chargers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
power shades are common on BMW's and Mercedes and Lexus, and, and, and.... it's a very nice luxury item. I've never seen them on front windows... Shades are like screen windows for your home - - kina sorta....

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I would like to find the electronic tinted windows... I dont know if you guys have ever seen this, but its basically clear glass and with the flick of a switch, it darkens (I guess its some sort of liquid crytal). They have these in bentleys (they seperate the driver and passengers) and on shower doors.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have been curious about these power shades and looked all over the net for em. Is there a link to any info at all on them?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DutchMaster said:
I would like to find the electronic tinted windows... I dont know if you guys have ever seen this, but its basically clear glass and with the flick of a switch, it darkens (I guess its some sort of liquid crytal). They have these in bentleys (they seperate the driver and passengers) and on shower doors.
Yeah, I was curious about that too. That would be a sick alternative, but I'm sure you'd have to pay out the ass for it. I've only found articles on how it works, but nothing in the way of market availability. Let me know if you find anything.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ron Mexico said:
I have been curious about these power shades and looked all over the net for em. Is there a link to any info at all on them?
Still nothing. But I've found out from some friends, that the power shades on Mercedes' and BMW's don't exactly come up like a complete inner window (which I think would be better). In most models, it's literally a shade that automatically rolls up and latches onto the top of the door window frame. Maybe I can find a way to develop a second tinted window (power operated) to go up and down just inside or outside the driver and passenger side windows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts