Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here we go I finally decided to dive all the way in in one shot. Just started my install on my PPP stage 2 heads, PPP Track warior cam, Jba Headers, HHP Jba cats, 6.1 injectors and I'm gona control it all with a Diablo tune. I started the install on Saturday and so far I have about 8 hours into it. I have about 70% of the job done and hope to be finished within the next day or so. Unfortunately I got lazy with the camera and havent taken too many pictures durring the actual install. I'll get more pics as I progress and maby even some video when It's back on the road. Before the install I got some base Dyno #s as 306RWHP and 340RWTQ. I can't wait to get it back on the road and on the dyno again, too bad I have to work to pay for all my new toys otherwise I could dedicate more time to get it all done now.

JBA headers and HHP jba cats

Diablosport predator and PPP Track warior cam
Mopar Head gaskets, Head bolts, crank bolt, 6.1 srt injectors

Power Ported Performance 5.7L Stage 2 Heads

Let The Fun Begin

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Man, I am soooooooooooooooooo jealous. Guess ya dont like those heads huh.......

By the way, whats the deal with a few of those valves? Are they not NEW valves?

·
Registered
934 Posts
I hate you!!!! very awesome...keep us posted..but i still hate you!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are all bran spanking new! Just too excided taking the pictures that I didn't take the time to wipe the lint off of them, thier all as shinny as a new silver dollars.

Here is some of the info on the Heads.

Stage 2 5.7
Valve Job Radius exhaust/4 angle seat
of intake/2 angle valve job
Milled Y
Locator Hardened
Valve Spring 221428-16
Valve Seal viton
Locks Machined
Retainer Titanium
Valve Guides Bronze
Valves 2.02/1.57
Misc. Clean and assemble

PSI Valve Spring available
2.055/1.60 valves available
2.08/1.60 valves available

From Power Ported Performance

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate you!!!! very awesome...keep us posted..but i still hate you!
Hey you have great taste in rims. Ya just have to love the modern old school muscle look!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Big time dollars...very jealous.

I wish there was more time in the day and more money in my bank account...perhaps someday.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
that is basically what i sit here on these forums and on vendors pages dreaming about during my free time.

cant wait to see the after dyno #'s.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its about $3000 for the Heads/cam/programed and the misc stuff (Bolts, gaskets,oil ect). 100 for the srt injectors. and about another 900 for the headers and cats. My total cost was around $4000. Time to my self working on doing something I love priceless.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, after a lot of research I decided that there isn't anything in the install that I can't handle. I've never worked on my hemi (besides the bolt on's)but I have had extensive experience restoring and working on other cars ( c3 Corvettes being the most prevalent)

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just spent the weekend with some of the guys at PPP and they're nice people who know what they're doing when it comes to this stuff. After talking Hemi stuff with them for a while, we decided to do a 392 or 406 in my cousins Magnum. I'll post some pics and progress info when it gets started. I will be doing a few different things with them, and maybe even a 426 for my SRT...

You're in good hands with their products. Have fun! Good luck, and keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
looking good. I also cant wait to see some dyno results. Make sure you do not load the performance tune of the diablo into the car. You will need a custom tune in order to keep the air/fuel in a safe spot. I would be happy to send you a tune to get you going. Let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I'll be giving you a call tomorow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well for those of you who are waiting for an up date here it is. Got the custom tune and all loose ends all tied up today and took it for a test drive. O MY GOD!! it is every thing that I hoped for and than some. If you have been planning or even thinking of doing this you have to do it! Here is a quick example of the change in the cars attitude, before this install going about 10 MPH in first gear when I goosed the gas I would get about 10 ft of wheel spin. Now when I hit it the car breaks loose and kicks out sideways and will spinn the tires well into second gear. The car has the ability to break loose at will. Simply awsome!!! With the holiday next week I wont be able to get it on the DYNO until the following week but I cant wait. As far as how the install went I had no problems at all If I worked at it straight thru I could have easily finished it in less than 12 hrs (even with the first time learning curve). But with work and a wife n 1yr old with the flu it was spread out over a week. If you were planning on doing this on your own there is plenty of info on the forums to help and a lot of Helpful knowledgable people that are willing to help you out. Thanks to the guys at PPP for thier help and advice.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Im glad you are happy with the car, now get out there and drive it some more and have fun. lol. Definitely let us know the results from the dyno. Call while you are there and we will fine tune the custom tune from there. I actually have you setup a little rich to be safe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts