Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well first things first....the other morning I get in the car to go to work and the damn transmission light comes on. So today I take it to a Dodge dealership and they check it out. They tell me that it was just a stored code, no big deal. Light is off, hooray. Well, ever since that transmission light came on the car feels like it has no freakin' power....at least not like it did. Before, I could just tap the gas and the car would lunge. You could feel the power! Now, I have to really get on it to feel anything. It almost feels like I'm not running on all cylinders, hence the title. Plus, it doesn't have that growl it did before. At high RPM's it has a high pitched tone whereas before it was throatier. Anyone have any idea what is going on? Has this happened to anyone else? Is the tranny f****d? Is something wrong with my motor? Ahhhh! :mad:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Never heard of this one. At first I was suspecting tranny limp mode but that only gets you 2nd gear (no shifting) and limited RPMs (you said you can get high rpms).

If you put it in auto-stick can you manually shift gears?

Did the dealer tell you what the code was? Next time you get a check engine light (CEL), do the key dance with the engine off to display your codes:
ON-ACC-ON-ACC-ON (don't start, just turn to on)
The odometer will turn to ----, then display any codes, then change to dONE.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I tried the autostick and it worked fine. Also, before when the car was cruising with the MDS going and I hit the gas there was a noticeable jump in RPM's along with power....now, it's just a steady climb in RPM and power.

I'll have to find the paperwork to get the exact code, but the service guy said it was just a stored code from the engine and tranny not talking to eachother for an instance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey...
Yes this has happened to me. I didn’t get a trany light come on though. But have noticed the same thing. It doesn’t have the same power it used to. I only have 26000KM on it. Like you said, when I first had it I would step on the gas ever so lightly and the thing would take off. Now it seems like I have to push the pedal through the floor. I don’t know whats wrong. I can’t be bothered to take it to the dealer about this. I don’t think they would care too much about it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, the code was V0100. Lost communication with ECM, PCM?

Yeah, this is frustrating as hell. Not that the car sucks now, it's just not like it was which was awesome. :( I think I'll either just bug the hell out of the dealership until they take it seriously or drive the crap out of it until the tranny goes completely. Oh, one idea I had was to get one of they're techs to test drive my car with me and then one of they're R/T's they have on the lot. Let them feel the difference. Only thing is, I have 22's. Gotta figure something out for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts