Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned any powdercoated wheels before and I was curious if anyone has any maintenace tips to keep them smooth and hot. Can you wax them? Color sand and buff them like paint? I understand they are more durable than paint but will I still get rockchips in the lips? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Dude, if the job is done right, you can beat the sh.. out of them and not even think twice. All the wheels that I have powdercoated for myself or friends have never had chips or faded. I love powder!!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet good to know!

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
the only think about powder, is that if you are doing black, it can show slight swirl marks if you do not take care in what towel you use to dry the surface. i wax mine to keep them shiny and for the brake dust to not stick as well. bottomline, powder coating is a great way to put color on a wheel and have it hold up!!!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Wash them only when they're cold with water and mild dish soap (Dawn). Put a coat of wax on them. Done.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wash them only when they're cold with water and mild dish soap (Dawn). Put a coat of wax on them. Done.
But do you dont wax the flat areas do ya???

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Yep, wax it all. The flat, the gloss, the polished lip. It just serves as a protectant and the brake dust just wipes away. Very, very easy to clean.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wax it, I have zaino'd my pc'd wheels since day one and they look just as good as the first day I got them, treat them just like you would the paint on the car and you'll be good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts