Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got flat black powder coated rims- I took the car threw a drive thru carwash and the rims came out looking like milk was all over them- and I noticed a week later- today my rims look faded-
it's been hot as hell here in socal and the rims have been sitting in that direct sunlight all day as I am at work-

is there a way to polish or wax or something to take that dull look away?
Anybody else got some flat black rims?

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
thats the problem with flat black, there's no protection. i had my last 22" replicas pc'd flat black and i found the best way to keep them black was to use interior shine. i know, but it works. it gives it a deeper black shine. after hit the wheels with a dry microfiber cloth, to dull it a little. i found 303products to work the best, because there the only uv protected interior/leather shine i could find and it dosn't give it as much of a shine.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanxs bro! I kinda wanted to try that - just didn't know if anybody else used interior wipes

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I use some tire/leather/vinyl shine I get from Smart&Final. It comes in a white jug with a black and orange label. Works great on the wheels, tires and black exterior trim.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am looking at a set of rims that will need a new finish, and was debating between a glossy black or a flat black powder coat, so I am interested in hearing more on this. My rear spoiler is a flat black, and i have been using "Wizard's" Black Renew on it, and it works great!!! Interested to hear more comments on this.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried the interior wipes and the rims look great again, thanx for all the help- I just love the way flat black looks as opposed to glossy black-
the wipes dot mOe the rims glossy they just mAke the black again- I guess that stuff they use at those drive thru washes is bad for rims

·
Registered
95 Posts
yea whenever I go through one of those drive-thru car washes I get the cheapest one priced "without" the tire cleaning option... sometimes they can fade/damage the wheels depending on the chemicals they use. I just wipe them down myself after the wash and use some tire shine. no problems..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts