Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving my 2012 Dodge Charger about an hour or so ago I hit what seems to be a massive pothole. I was pulling into an incline parking lot and the back of the car drop down into the pot hole. When I pulled into the space you can notice a loud sound coming from the car(sounds like a race car extra loud). I proceeded to pull the car out the space and drive it a bit and the sound is loud at about 20mph and is quiet when I do over 40mph. You can't really hear the noise from the outside but can hear it clear when inside the car. The is also like a rubbing sound like something is rubbing together. Any idea what this could be? Smh only my luck I just put fuel pump in it last week after it stalled out on me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
You might want to tow that beast to your favorite mechanic. The loud sound seems like exhaust, and if you can hear it more inside than out, that says something about where the fumes are going.

The rubbing sound can be a lot of things...some bad, some really bad. I personally would not take any chances by continuing to drive it without getting under there for a good look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mechanic friend of mines said exhaust and I'm taking it to the muffler guy tomorrow. Thank you. My gas also seems to escaping quickly (prior to pot hole) I'm wondering what that may be?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Mechanic friend of mines said exhaust and I'm taking it to the muffler guy tomorrow. Thank you. My gas also seems to escaping quickly (prior to pot hole) I'm wondering what that may be?
The skinny pedal on the right seems to be a common problem...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts