Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got back from my local dealership. With my vehicle, there was no white/yellow wire in the 19 slot of the gray plug on back of the power block. Instead, it was empty.... nothing new there, not all of them have it. So I installed the wire into the empty 19, as directed by the instructions... all the same so far. But where things became different was when I went to the dealership to have them enabled.
My Charger SE 2.7L is an 07 with a build date of 07-07 (I do believe that is latest build that they you can get in a model year for most domestics). The instruction's will tell you to go into vehicle prep and scroll down to enable foglights..... it was not there. We had to go into the modules and select front module, then we followed the same procedure as you would in vehicle prep. Even with the side track thrown in there, the process only took 4 minutes (I timed it to prove a point to the Service Manager as to why I would not pay them to have this done) to complete the process. We did it right on the service drive. I guess being that I was a Dodge tech until recently helped support my refusal to pay for that simple service. I shook his hand, thanked him and left. I had no need to pay a tech for his time or knowledge... brought my own.... but I did need their Star Scan :)
So for anyone else that goes to the dealership and they cannot find it under vehicle prep, look for it in the front module. You should be able to turn it on there.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dude you're the man, I was looking for this answer, I took mine to the dealer and they told me the same stuff, but I assume they never looked under the front control module. Now was the option right under the FCM screen? When I left the dealer w/o my lights working I was so friggin pissed and couldn't believe they could not figure it out since I've heard it is such a simple procedure. Anyway thanks again, I will go back and tell them what they need to do.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Dude you're the man, I was looking for this answer, I took mine to the dealer and they told me the same stuff, but I assume they never looked under the front control module. Now was the option right under the FCM screen? When I left the dealer w/o my lights working I was so friggin pissed and couldn't believe they could not figure it out since I've heard it is such a simple procedure. Anyway thanks again, I will go back and tell them what they need to do.
When you go to the FCM through the ECU View screen it gives you four "buttons" across the screen, you need to "click" the "Misc. Functions" button. Then just scroll to Fog Lamp Enable and click "Start" along the right side. The only part that is not self explanatory is the country selection, if you select US/CAN/MEX it will not allow you to have your fog lamps on with your high beam headlamps but if you select Export then as long as you have your headlamp switch out of the off position your fog lamps will turn off and on even with your high beams on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.