Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just read about this,that the CAW union might be going on strike soon!! If negotiations don't go good,Possible strike date might be as soon as mid Sept. That will definitely piss me off bigtime,as well as anyone else who wants too or who already placed an order for their charger to get built!!! I'll never get my SRT-8!!!DAMN!!! :mad: Man,I hope this is a bad rumor or just a bad dream!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I heard a rumor about this too. It would just be my luck.I guess I'll try locating one from another dealer.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
JohnnyG said:
I just read about this,that the CAW union might be going on strike soon!! If negotiations don't go good,Possible strike date might be as soon as mid Sept. That will definitely piss me off bigtime,as well as anyone else who wants too or who already placed an order for their charger to get built!!! I'll never get my SRT-8!!!DAMN!!! :mad: Man,I hope this is a bad rumor or just a bad dream!!!
Last I heard johnny was that strike had been averted. :whistle: :confused:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
mmaloy said:
Last I heard johnny was that strike had been averted. :whistle: :confused:
I dont know about that Mike, go to the brampton website and check it out, the workers are going to vote on August 28th on the strike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath. If things don't start to look up soon for GM, than you can bet that there will be a strike. The Auto Union is inclusive of all 3 manufacturers, so they will always use the strongest manufacturer as their strike target (in the current market, that is Chrysler). In other words, get your friends to buy GM's, and you'll be working at preventing the Chrysler strike. Ironic, isn't it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I feel bad for all those that have cars on order! I guess I better be thanking my lucky stars that I should have mine next week! :frown:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes our lazy union brothers here want big increases and rules that any plant closings are done in U.S(thay actually want a new plant built in Windsor). I hope DC fights them hard and makes them take a pay cut. They get a ton of time off, are overpaid, and want more. It has to end now.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
THAT DOES IT!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna buy a Mercury Marquise and drive real slow. That'll show 'em! :rolleyes: :tongue:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
Somebody stop him before he starts singing a country song!!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOO bum bum there's a tear in my beer, and my wife is a drunk..... found her slimey boyfriend, now he's in the trunk, sittin' 'round the house, like a bump on a log, boy i'm pissed off........gonna go kick my dog......."C'mon..........EVERYBODY" bumb bum ..hehehe :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the post from the CAW site

Events

Brampton Assembly Plant Strike Vote
August 28, 2005 - 10:00am
St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School, corner of Torbram and Corporation Drive - Brampton
This meeting is required by law to be within 30 days of our strike deadline of September 20th. The purpose is to give a clear mandate to our Local and Master Bargaining Committees. Ideally, 100% of the membership vote 100% in favour of strike action. A vote in favour of strike action does not mean that there will be a strike. It means that should the Company fail to address our concerns during bargaining, we are prepared to strike.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
JohnnyG said:
Here is the post from the CAW site

Events

Brampton Assembly Plant Strike Vote
August 28, 2005 - 10:00am
St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School, corner of Torbram and Corporation Drive - Brampton
This meeting is required by law to be within 30 days of our strike deadline of September 20th. The purpose is to give a clear mandate to our Local and Master Bargaining Committees. Ideally, 100% of the membership vote 100% in favour of strike action. A vote in favour of strike action does not mean that there will be a strike. It means that should the Company fail to address our concerns during bargaining, we are prepared to strike.
I take that as good news. Keep the faith guys!!!! :happy: DC isn't gonna let it happen IMHO.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
JohnnyG said:
They better not,I'll borrow glhs's tranq gun!! :biggrin:
You hold it, I'll pull the trigger. :happy: :whistle:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mmaloy said:
You hold it, I'll pull the trigger. :happy: :whistle:
Hell,I think we all should take a leave from our current jobs and get a job on the assembly line up in brampton if they strike,and put our own srt-8's together. That way, we'll get the best of everything,(including quality)and delivered on time.Maybe they'll have some experimental superchargers around up there and I'll dump one of those babies on there as well.I WANT MINE TO FLY!!!!! :happy:

·
Registered
85 Posts
as a union member id call you a scab. i know your only kidding though. what we would do to get our chargers . i have an se charger maybe trading my 2003 ram 1500 for a daytona or rt w/rt package :happy:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
great999 said:
as a union member id call you a scab. i know your only kidding though. what we would do to get our chargers . i have an se charger maybe trading my 2003 ram 1500 for a daytona or rt w/rt package :happy:
What makes you think he's kidding? :wink: :happy:

·
Registered
85 Posts
i hope he is :confused:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts