Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on tinting my tail light with VHT's Nite Shades paint. It's been going pretty good, and I feel they are ready for a couple of coats of Clear Coat. A problem I have run into, is that I did have areas where the paint ran a little bit. I sanded those areas using 1500 grit sandpaper to attempt to even the paint out. Doing this caused me to go a little too deep in some areas, and the red from the tail light shone through. Now I have attempted to fill in those areas with more paint.
Now...I don't want to continue to go around in circles, so I'm only sanding a little bit. But now I have some depth difference between the new, and existing areas. My question is, could I leave it like this, and hopefully the clear coat will even it all out, and it won't be noticable????
I appreciate any input!!
WHEELZ

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I've been through that... had to wetsand the whole taillight to get it even.....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mine had some low spots in them around the edges. It is not real noticable but Im picky when it comes to my cars. Over all you are doing them yourself and thats the cool thing. They are not going to be perfect but if it is really bad I would try to fix it the best I could.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts