Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
If you can get it cheap enough it doesn't hurt, but full price? No, not on a stock engine; the return on investment just isn't there. Took getting a free one for me to do it, and that's only on the 392 lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can get it cheap enough it doesn't hurt, but full price? No, not on a stock engine; the return on investment just isn't there. Took getting a free one for me to do it, and that's only on the 392 lol.
hes getting me for $120 but just wanted to know if its a difference

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
People say they can feel it, I've been doing this for 20+ years and my butt dyno doesn't feel a difference. Only way to know for sure is back to back dyno testing. To put it in perspective, the Mopar engineers decided that the same TB used on the 5.7 is plenty big enough for the 6.4/392; only the Hellcat gets a bigger one from the house. May be worth it at that price if complemented with other mods. Ultimately, it comes down to choice lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well yes i was thinking on getting a 392 intake manifold and then port the throttle body orrr just stay with the 5.7 manifold and just port the TB

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
well yes i was thinking on getting a 392 intake manifold and then port the throttle body orrr just stay with the 5.7 manifold and just port the TB
Now THAT is a good mod that can be felt (and measured). Still the same stock size TB, swapping the manifold won't change the air requirements your engine currently has, just the way the air gets to it. I have one I've been kicking around throwing up for sale as the car it was originally gonna go in got wrecked so it's just kinda taking up shelf room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts