Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I’m new here so I’m trying to get the hang of everything. I own a 2008 Dodge Charger, previously owned. I’m trying to fix it up and make it look real nice, customize it to my liking. I currently have a popped out dash right above my vents that’s been driving me insane since I got it. I’m not sure how to go about fixing it. I could do it myself if I knew the right products and tools to get, or if it would be easier to just get it professionally fixed. But knowing the average cost for doing it yourself or getting it professionally fixed would be fantastic as well. Attached a photo for better understanding of what’s going on!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Unfortunately the dashes suck. When I had an 09 the dash did the same thing. Not really any fixes.

·
Registered
880 Posts
^^Same

Had a 2008 as well that did that. Exterior of the car looked really good, but the dash lifting like that made the interior look terrible.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^Same

Had a 2008 as well that did that. Exterior of the car looked really good, but the dash lifting like that made the interior look terrible.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Unfortunately the previous owner of mine was rough with the car and ruined the paint job on it now so I eventually will have to get it repainted when I can get the extra money. They spray painted it matte black by themselves so it was chipping and the red was coming through, so I just took all of the black off myself. Of course they banged it up a lot so there’s a lot of nicks and scratches and a few dents. but one day he’ll look real good. I’m just trying to fix the little things right now and the dash popping out has been driving me nuts lol

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Pop the bezel off, remove some of the foam from the back of the vinyl - about a 1/2 wide strip (the foam has swollen up, causing it to pop up), goop it up with some Gorilla Glue and used tightly stretched duct tape to hold it in place for 12-18 hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts