Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a set of SRT covers I'm working on for a customer. The decal on these covers are a "reverse weed" pattern custom ordered from RiderGraphix. My intent was to use these decals simply as a stencil, to paint the "372 HEMI" graphics in TorRed. I thought it looked so good with the reverse weed decal itself, that I had to take some pics :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
MadC...they look very nice. Not to burst your bubble, but technically the 6.1L is a 370 cubic inch engine, not 372. Use the bore (4.055 in) and the stroke (3.58 in)...this is what you get. The numbers 6.1L was actually rounded from 6.059L

Keith

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks sweet, but perhaps better with the "6.1L HEMI" instead.
This was the owner's preference. He likes the old school way, when the size was in cubic inches.

MadC...they look very nice. Not to burst your bubble, but technically the 6.1L is a 370 cubic inch engine, not 372. Use the bore (4.055 in) and the stroke (3.58 in)...this is what you get. The numbers 6.1L was actually rounded from 6.059L

Keith
I know that, but this is what he preferred (perhaps his is bored .002 over) :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
This was the owner's preference. He likes the old school way, when the size was in cubic inches.

I know that, but this is what he preferred (perhaps his is bored .002 over) :)
Gotcha!!!! Sorry! I understand...give the customer what he wants. They do look really nice! I don't know if I've seen a price anywhere. Have you made that public yet?

Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha!!!! Sorry! I understand...give the customer what he wants. They do look really nice! I don't know if I've seen a price anywhere. Have you made that public yet?

Thanks,
Keith
Thanks Keith - I haven't priced the polished sets yet, as it was so much work that I'm not sure where to begin yet. I've learned quite a bit doing it, that should shorten the work, so when I polish my own set, I'll come up with a price point.

Pricing for the bare stroke sanded aluminum covers are $95/set, plus $11 shipping (48 states).

Painted covers are $140/set, plus shipping.

I currently have a few SRT sets left in stock - and still waiting for completion of the RT covers. My apologies, and thanks to all of those who have already paid for them, and have been patient with the delay...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you a red set available? I started painting my stock set... they don't look to pretty. This may be a better way out. I'm looking for a red set with black lettering... HEMI 6.1L

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
When you come up with a price, I could be interested in a set myself. I'm a major fan of clean details. And those are clean! I assume you can put whatever I want on the covers correct?
Chase

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you a red set available? I started painting my stock set... they don't look to pretty. This may be a better way out. I'm looking for a red set with black lettering... HEMI 6.1L
I can paint them any color you would like. Decals are purchased seperately from RiderGraphix , where you can choose from their stock items, or get something custom. PM me for pricing...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts