1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
346 Posts
According to the info from that website above, those wheels are $117 each with free shipping. On the Tire Rack site they are $104.44 each, but only if you buy them with tires mounted on them. (Uniroyal TigerPaw Ice & Snow 3) I looked and apparently there's no way to order just the rims. For the entire package, including lug nuts and 4 TPS comes to $1095.64. That is mounted, balanced and delivered to your door and includes a 2 year road hazard protection policy.

Honestly, I prefer to buy my tires locally because I have dealt with them for years and I trust them. They have always treated me fairly and the free flat fix, (if it's a tire you bought from them),I have used a number of times. Unfortunately, they can't get these steel rims. They don't sell any rims. They also can't match the price on these tires. $663.25 balanced & mounted on rims of my choice. So if I buy the above referenced rims and get the tires mounted and installed locally I'm looking at $1134.65 and that is without pressure sensors and lug nuts, so add another two hundred bucks, more or less. So the Tire Rack package is looking like a pretty good deal. Still, a winter tire & wheel set for under fifteen hundred bucks isn't too bad. I paid about that much for the winter package on the Miata about 8 years ago. I'm still on the fence about all this, but I have until ~ mid November to make up my mind. Maybe I can find some used & abused alloy (OEM) rims somewhere... craigslist or other want-ads site, buy them on the cheap and get the tires locally??? :unsure: Hmmmm

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Summit racing sells the police wheels as well but they’re out of stock frequently due to high demand. I bought mine from them last year.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were $104 when I bought them. And my father in law is a mechanic and put on the Tpms for me. The ones they had were like $30 each

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
According to the info from that website above, those wheels are $117 each with free shipping. On the Tire Rack site they are $104.44 each, but only if you buy them with tires mounted on them. (Uniroyal TigerPaw Ice & Snow 3) I looked and apparently there's no way to order just the rims. For the entire package, including lug nuts and 4 TPS comes to $1095.64. That is mounted, balanced and delivered to your door and includes a 2 year road hazard protection policy.

Honestly, I prefer to buy my tires locally because I have dealt with them for years and I trust them. They have always treated me fairly and the free flat fix, (if it's a tire you bought from them),I have used a number of times. Unfortunately, they can't get these steel rims. They don't sell any rims. They also can't match the price on these tires. $663.25 balanced & mounted on rims of my choice. So if I buy the above referenced rims and get the tires mounted and installed locally I'm looking at $1134.65 and that is without pressure sensors and lug nuts, so add another two hundred bucks, more or less. So the Tire Rack package is looking like a pretty good deal. Still, a winter tire & wheel set for under fifteen hundred bucks isn't too bad. I paid about that much for the winter package on the Miata about 8 years ago. I'm still on the fence about all this, but I have until ~ mid November to make up my mind. Maybe I can find some used & abused alloy (OEM) rims somewhere... craigslist or other want-ads site, buy them on the cheap and get the tires locally??? :unsure: Hmmmm
Maybe you can have the seller linked in post #1 drop ship them to your local tire store. I did that with the steelies I had on my 2012 R/T. That is the one thing I miss about my 2012 R/T, the indestructible steelies! Indy streets are riddled with potholes and ice ruts during the winter and the steelies with Blizzaks were the perfect solution. The don't fit the Scat Pack but I'll take the tradeoff lol. I run the Sport Edition KV5 on my Scat Pack and they have worked well so far.

GTO_04

1 - 6 of 6 Posts