Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy guys. I have a question about the police chargers, specifically the 2015+ models. To unlock the car, do you need to physically push a button on the keyfob? Or can you leave the keyfob in your pocket and lock/unlock the car by touching the door handle? I haven't been able to find an answer to this one, so I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It should be either one depending on if the auto unlocking whatever is enabled or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should be either one depending on if the auto unlocking whatever is enabled or not.
Ok awesome. I don't own one of these cars, I'm just now looking into them. So I didn't know if they had the capability for that or not. As long as the police models actually have this capability, that's great. I don't want to go back to the days of having to reach into my pocket to unlock the door, lol.

·
Registered
2018 Charger 5.7 AWD
2 Posts
I have an 18, you can leave the fob in your pocket, when you grab the handle, it unlocks both front doors. You need to either double tap unlock on the fob or hit the inside button to unlock the rears (on mine, you can't open them from the inside).

Another thing to note - the panic button is disabled, but I believe you can turn that on with AlfaODB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts