Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to go to court this morning to get a ticket taken care of (hehe) and as I was leaving I saw a sheriff's car parked on the side of the street. I first saw it from the front and thought it was an avenger. I thought that would be cool, then as I got closer I saw the station wagon rear-end. Of course all I had was my cell phone so not great pics, but you can see it pretty well.

Never seen that before...

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
they should be shot for that paint job, I mean the Magnum has incredible body lines so why break them up with a paint line seperating the front from the mid section. :sick:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Agreed on the paint & they should have followed the body line... Oh well... That is the first Maggie I see as a police car...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would say about half of the Dodge police cars around here are magnums. Seems all of them are for K9 units.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
they should be shot for that paint job, I mean the Magnum has incredible body lines so why break them up with a paint line seperating the front from the mid section. :sick:

I would have to agree on that one. Most police LX's I have seen seem to have modified thier scheme for these cars

·
Registered
26 Posts
You guys understand this is a police car, and not a show car right?
Understood, but the local police in my town have the Chargers and they look awsome in classic black and white with a low profile LED light bar. No reason they couldn't do the same with the Magnums.

Just because it's a police car doesn't mean it has to be fugly.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I know that in Austin they're using Maggies for K9 and special operations duties

·
Registered
616 Posts
In S. FL we have undercover Magnums Chargers and 300's.. You wont know it until they light up.:ninja: The Seminole Indian Police acutally have a black magnum on chrome 20's that I have seen do routine traffic stop. Gotta watch your back..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Police Mags

A lot of agencies are going to the Magnum for K9 duty, spec ops, and Sgt vehicles. The mags are great for K9's compared to SUV's because it's alot easier on the dog (hip displasia) and SUV's are rarely used as pursuit vehicles so the Mag solves that problem. The only problem is there aren't alot of equipment options for them yet. Either wat the Charger and Mag blow Crown Vics and Impala's out of the water.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hey, Wiggins, nice Simpsons nod, BTW:) CAn you tell us about yourself a little, you seem to be knowedgable about the police vehicles. Are you a fleet sales or operator kinda guy? Or maybe an upfitter?

·
Registered
30 Posts
We have 2, 2008 Magnums on order as we speak. We will be using them for
K-9 vehicles. I'll post photos once they arrive and get marked.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm actually just your everyday Patrol Officer. I'm on the Police Board for Research and Development for Vehicles and the Uniform Board for Police Gear. I'm lucky enough to work for a the Olathe Police department that serves a city of about 150,000 folks, in a County (Johnson County, Kansas) that doesn't shy away from spending the necessary money to test and research all the new gear. That means I spend most my free time researching new vehicles and gear. I bought my RT in '07, so that means i'll be spending about 10-12hrs a night in a Hemi!

I now a little about a lot when it comes to this stuff, so if you've got questions about the Law Enforcement side I'll always try to help.

Wiggin

Here's a pic of one of our Chargers and onoe of our Magnums....both 5.7's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I'm actually just your everyday Patrol Officer. I'm on the Police Board for Research and Development for Vehicles and the Uniform Board for Police Gear. I'm lucky enough to work for a the Olathe Police department that serves a city of about 150,000 folks, in a County (Johnson County, Kansas) that doesn't shy away from spending the necessary money to test and research all the new gear. That means I spend most my free time researching new vehicles and gear. I bought my RT in '07, so that means i'll be spending about 10-12hrs a night in a Hemi!

I now a little about a lot when it comes to this stuff, so if you've got questions about the Law Enforcement side I'll always try to help.

Wiggin

Here's a pic of one of our Chargers and onoe of our Magnums....both 5.7's
Welcome, Wiggs:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts