Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a floor jack and some jack stands for the ride. The question is, where are they used? I know where the points are to lift the car shown in the manual, but is there a different location in terms of placing the jack stands. Also, can the car be lifted from the center via floor jack, if so where?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Front....... Drivers side, looking forward, that triangle marks the spot. That red beam is the lift point

Rear lift point, that hockey puck thing. I use a hunk of 2x4 cut down to fit the cup of my floor jack, since the cup is deeper than the puck

·
Registered
964 Posts
Front....... Drivers side, looking forward, that triangle marks the spot. That red beam is the lift point

Rear lift point, that hockey puck thing. I use a hunk of 2x4 cut down to fit the cup of my floor jack, since the cup is deeper than the puck

Right On....

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, got a few mods to do for the long weekend :rockon:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I see this question come up now and then, but I don't recall anybody clearly stating the procedure they use to lift and then slide in the jack stand. If you use a floor jack to lift at the front triangle spot do you slide in a jack stand next to the floor jack in the same area or do you put the floor jack under the cutout on the outside frame where the trunk jack is meant to lift. And if you lift with a floor jack in the back on the rubber pad, where do you put the jack stand? Outside frame also?

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
I see this question come up now and then, but I don't recall anybody clearly stating the procedure they use to lift and then slide in the jack stand. If you use a floor jack to lift at the front triangle spot do you slide in a jack stand next to the floor jack in the same area or do you put the floor jack under the cutout on the outside frame where the trunk jack is meant to lift. And if you lift with a floor jack in the back on the rubber pad, where do you put the jack stand? Outside frame also?
This is what I do, and then I place the jackstands under the triangle-stamped spots. It may be wrong, but it works! :eek:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
This is what I do, and then I place the jackstands under the triangle-stamped spots. It may be wrong, but it works! :eek:
I haven't used my jack stands yet, but I think I would prefer to put them under the triangle in the front instead of the cutout area. The metal lip is pretty thin at the cutout, just looks like it would be sturdier under the triangle.

But in the back the cutout looks like a better option than the rubber lift point due to the shape of the jack stand.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
I haven't used my jack stands yet, but I think I would prefer to put them under the triangle in the front instead of the cutout area. The metal lip is pretty thin at the cutout, just looks like it would be sturdier under the triangle.

Agree! Which is why I do it this way for oil changes, e.g.

But in the back the cutout looks like a better option than the rubber lift point due to the shape of the jack stand.
I haven't needed to use jackstands in the back, yet...

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Oh, and another thing: my LOW-PROFILE floor jack won't fit far enough under the car when it's flat on four tires to REACH the triangle-points! :smoke:

I have this Craftsman floorjack:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts