Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my car at the dealership (had them install a spoiler), and in the showroom they had a Plum Crazy SRT-8! Those don't exist, do they? I'm guessing this was a dealership customization. I noticed that it also had a black spoiler like a Daytona, but as far as I know the SRT-8 always has a color-matched spoiler.

This dealership seems to do a fair amount of customizations like stick-on hood scoops or putting spoilers on an SXT (they don't come with spoilers in 2007, do they?), so I'm guessing they must have painted up an SRT they couldn't sell to see if it would get more attention.

Surely they didn't take a Plum Daytona and give it SRT badging? I assume that would be illegal?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
No its real, 400 made in July :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh. Nevermind then. :) They should've color-matched the spoiler though.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Yeah - 200 of them made it to production.....

:D

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Well which is it?!?!? We've got 400, 300, and 200 responses up here.... Anyone know what the official count is? I talked to an actual owner of a plum srt8 and he said they are topping production at 300 and are probably going to send out some dash badges like the Daytona has once its final, but does anyone know for surehow many?

-Pat

·
Registered
455 Posts
Well which is it?!?!? We've got 400, 300, and 200 responses up here.... Anyone know what the official count is? I talked to an actual owner of a plum srt8 and he said they are topping production at 300 and are probably going to send out some dash badges like the Daytona has once its final, but does anyone know for surehow many?

-Pat
100 give or take 2-300:grin:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Oh. Nevermind then. :) They should've color-matched the spoiler though.
I don't think so. It sets them apart from the other SRT8's. Same with the grill.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think so. It sets them apart from the other SRT8's. Same with the grill.
It makes them look like a Daytona without decals (and with a hood scoop), I think. What's different about the grill? Is it black like a Daytona too?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
It makes them look like a Daytona without decals (and with a hood scoop), I think. What's different about the grill? Is it black like a Daytona too?
Yep. I wanted the one here in Cheyenne pretty bad but it was next to impossible to finance with my current SRT.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
It sets them apart from the other SRT's but makes them look like a PC Daytona. If I bought one the first thing I'd do is have the grill & spoiler painted PC. :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I wouldn't. I doubt I would do much to change it at all. It's one of the most rare Chargers to date and I wouldn't want to change it. It truly is unique along with the other 300 hundred or so.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I wouldn't. I doubt I would do much to change it at all. It's one of the most rare Chargers to date and I wouldn't want to change it. It truly is unique along with the other 300 hundred or so.
This is exactly what I decided, I sold my Inferno Red SRT8 and bought a Plum Crazy sight unseen, before they were produced, and was surprised by the spoiler and grill being black, but when it arrived I like it a lot, the black on the Plum is an excellent look, and to change the exterior of a SRT8 that there was only 300 or so made just seems wrong. And this from a guy that built one of the most heavily modded R/T Magnums out there. It is also unique in that the interior is exactly the same as other SRT8,s (red stitching on the seats, no color matched interior pieces ala a Daytona, exterior it has red Bremo Brakes like the other SRT8's. The built sheet says color matched rear spoiler, but none were made that way.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
It is my understanding that 299 were made. It was a last minute decision by (DCX) management to make them. I am not sure there will be dash plaques. Last word I hear was they (DCX) were supposed to mail dash plaques to the dealers who sold them and they will mail them to the owners. I am not sure that even happened. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts