Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the dealer the other day looking at the Plum and the salesman says that they only made 800-900 of the Plums because chrysler ran out of the color, but they still kept the decals in the car at 1400. any body else heard this and if its true isnt it little things like that that make a car worth more in the future.. Just curious if anyone else had a thought on this. He also said that they never got the full 300 made in the SRT8 in the same color...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Was at the dealer the other day looking at the Plum and the salesman says that they only made 800-900 of the Plums because chrysler ran out of the color, but they still kept the decals in the car at 1400. any body else heard this and if its true isnt it little things like that that make a car worth more in the future.. Just curious if anyone else had a thought on this. He also said that they never got the full 300 made in the SRT8 in the same color...
Sounds like a typical scam to me, how much were they asking for the one you were looking at?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think $34,000.. But the guy new i wasnt buying just looking and he knew alot about the cars which surprised me and was kinda refreshing because when i bought mine the salesman knew nothing about them and i was schooling him

·
Registered
498 Posts
I haven't heard about DCX running out of the purple paint. He may have been in the know about our cars (perf etc..), but this doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Totally doubtful. I am sure DCX has enough supply to paint what they planned on doing....I mean, if they did not have enough paint for the Daytona's, then why would they paint the SRT's? I think they had too much paint, and placed it on the SRT-8's..........

- Mark

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Totally doubtful. I am sure DCX has enough supply to paint what they planned on doing....I mean, if they did not have enough paint for the Daytona's, then why would they paint the SRT's? I think they had too much paint, and placed it on the SRT-8's..........

- Mark
Agreed, another silly saleman.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I guess nobody has one numbered 8?? to prove it true or false??

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I believe somoeon out here has one numbered in the 1000's

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, mine is # 981, so there are at least that many (unless they didn't go in order). Also, I think I saw on one of the forums that someone had one numbered around 12xx.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just thought it was interesting a salesman would say that. It seems then that they really dont know what they are talking about. Wouldnt you think the more you know about something the better you could sale it. Silly salesman..... BTW i love the Plum and they had 3 at Avondale Dodge but the ole wife says she dosent wanna part with the mango.. Oh well maybe in the Challenger (as long as they have enough paint...lol)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Also if they did run out of this "rare" paint, all the plum crazy owners better pray they never get a scratch or in an accident cause you are out of luck! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
769 Posts
i just thought it was interesting a salesman would say that. It seems then that they really dont know what they are talking about. Wouldnt you think the more you know about something the better you could sale it. Silly salesman..... BTW i love the Plum and they had 3 at Avondale Dodge but the ole wife says she dosent wanna part with the mango.. Oh well maybe in the Challenger (as long as they have enough paint...lol)
This is so true, the other day I went to my local dodge dealer to check out the sublime they have there, I pulled in on my 2006 Torred Daytona, and he walks up to the car and says hi can I help you sir, and I said oh im just here to look at the sublime daytona, and he says, yeah thats really a nice car you need to trade your in for one with a HEMI!?? And I said,"what mine is a daytona" and he says," yeah but yours was made with a V6"!! [email protected]*en dumb a$$.:confused: :confused: :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts