Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here; Forgive me if this has been answered before, I did a search and could not come up with a definate answer- I know there will be Plum Crazy SRT8s in '08, but will it be offered again on the Daytona Edition? We are very close to buying a 2007 one, but I would rather have the HID lights that the 08's will have, so I will wait for one if they are available in PC... Thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anything is possible, and I don't have "inside" information.

But, my own opinion is no. I would be very very suprised that there would be a 2008 Plum Crazy Daytona -- they would not "carry over" a Daytona from one year to another -- they would create a new Daytona with a different color. Rumors have it that the next Daytona is Hemi Orange, and the next SRT8-SuperBee is some type of blue. I haven't read anything about 08 SRTs being Plum Crazy -- they just put out a whole bunch of 07 SRTs in Plum Crazy.

I would even guess that Plum Crazy will not be a normal color for 2008. I know they "promoted" TorRed from a 06 Daytona color to a regular 07 color, but I personally feel that they won't do that with the Plum Crazy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No, Plum Crazy is done. White & Orange are next for Daytona, B5 Blue for SRT8.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Hmmm... learned something new today. I didn't know they don't carry over the colors to the next years. Makes sense, they're special editions. Will be good antique cars in 30 years no? I would probably hold on to mine if I had one. Put it in a agarage while I drive another car, just so I can have a special car in 25 years.

So it would probably be more of a investment to buy a Daytona vice an SRT8, no?

·
Registered
14 Posts
No, SRT will be woreth more due to its higher HP and performance, but you could buy the special color version of the SRT, like the yellow or upcoming blue SuperBee..then you have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Plum crazy srt8 yes, plum crazy daytona no due to it being a limited edition car and is only being made for the 07 model. sorry

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Sorry to say, with all the mass production of these 'limited' cars, I doubt they will be worth anything special in 25 years....I mean, they are sitting on lots now. I think it would have been great for Dodge owners of Daytona's, if they made them 1 year, and that's it...but, if they are going to be limited Daytona's year after year, what's the point of saving them as a collectible in 25 years. These cars today (all brands in general) don't hold that special meaning of old school stuff, since they make so many of them in production, and since they are made with current technology, the last longer, so more Mopars will be around in 25 years.....

Don't get me wrong, if you have the funds to buy a car, and put it away for 25 years, it will be worth something, but nothing that is worth the effort to maintain it.

Well...that's my opinion anyway...

- Mark

·
Registered
584 Posts
Rumors have it that the next Daytona is Hemi Orange, and the next SRT8-SuperBee is some type of blue.
Didn't the whole "Super Bee" thing come from being black and yellow? Seems odd to have a blue one, but I bet it would look cool.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Sorry to say, with all the mass production of these 'limited' cars, I doubt they will be worth anything special in 25 years....I mean, they are sitting on lots now. I think it would have been great for Dodge owners of Daytona's, if they made them 1 year, and that's it...but, if they are going to be limited Daytona's year after year, what's the point of saving them as a collectible in 25 years. These cars today (all brands in general) don't hold that special meaning of old school stuff, since they make so many of them in production, and since they are made with current technology, the last longer, so more Mopars will be around in 25 years.....

Don't get me wrong, if you have the funds to buy a car, and put it away for 25 years, it will be worth something, but nothing that is worth the effort to maintain it.

Well...that's my opinion anyway...

- Mark
Well, I personaly don't like funny looking colors on cars, including yellow. I never liked that Rumble Bee RAM because of the color. I prefer regular colors like Red, Black, Blue, etc... which is common. If I would buy a Daytona, it would be Sublime or TorRed. The Sublime looks realy good when it's al clean and shiny.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I would have to agree with Goval :)

Well with the sublime comment of course...ha
I do like the Superbees in yellow though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
are they making pcp srts in 08? thought it was a 07 only

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I would have to agree with Goval :)

Well with the sublime comment of course...ha
I do like the Superbees in yellow though.
Another Indy guy... Check out the Great Lakes section every now and then! We had a Meet & Greet not too long ago. :grin:

·
Registered
166 Posts
white daytona

>No, Plum Crazy is done. White & Orange are next for Daytona, B5 Blue for SRT8.

White Daytona?

First I hear of this, but sounds like a good idea :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
are they making pcp srts in 08? thought it was a 07 only
Nope. 299 2007s were built and that's it. They (at least at the moment) are the second rarest SRTs. The first being production SRT #1, the only GoMango SRT.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I would jump on the 07 PC, unless you planned on getting the 08 in orange. A white daytona is too easy to clone, there are no PC R/Ts to make look like a Daytona.

Thats why I love having a color R/T's dont come in, and with only 1500 in the world it stands out in every enviorment I go :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nope. 299 2007s were built and that's it. They (at least at the moment) are the second rarest SRTs. The first being production SRT #1, the only GoMango SRT.
does that one really count?show cars aren't public cars,i know it had a vin and all

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok don't forget about the srt-8's gas guzzling tax which was $2100 in OKC, Ok. Yes it would be nice to have one but I feel that the daytona will be a better buy and sentimental value which may attract in the future no matter what. I have the 2007 Plum Crazy Daytona #713 of 1400. So I feel very fortunate to have one of the only 1400 that will be made. All I ever hear is "MAN THAT ****ING CAR IS SWEET".

·
Registered
998 Posts
I know personally, i'm a color guy. It was going to be GMG or nothing when i bought my charger. Even had money down on an 05 GMG Ram Hemi. So who knows? Maybe 25 years from now, the GMG color on a good looking charger just might be worth something because there exists someone who is willing to pay...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts