Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted before about a fellow I met who bought the Plum Crazy SRT8 here in Cheyenne. Well, tonight we decided to go to the local stock car races and I ran into him again. The first thing he tells me is that he's entered his car into the "Street" races they are holding tonight.

Street races at this circle track are simply a two car, one lap drag race and they run each race at least twice to allow them to switch lanes because of the obvious inside lane advantage. Then he tells me that he's not going to drive it but another guy. Now I'm thinking that he's just plain nuts.

Eventually the event comes up and sure enough, here comes that beautiful Plum Crazy SRT8 out onto the track. I was so nervous because I thirsted for that car for several weeks before he bought it. Thankfully, they announced that one of the modified class drivers was going to drive the Charger, although I wasn't sure if it was better off or not, considering the skill level versus his willingness to take more chances.

They brought out a Camaro I believe, and the driver made a pretty good show of spinning the tires and such. Roger (the driver in the SRT8) just pulled up to the line and waited for the green. At first, it looked like the Camaro would just jump out fron and kill the SRT8, but noooooo! Roger hit the gas and just smoked the Camaro! Kill 1 down, No crashes.

The second and maybe third races for the SRT8 were against some cars that really weren't anything but someone just taking the family car out so I won't mention much except the Charger had no problem.

Now, the really intersting thing was that they brought out a Mustang GT against a Dodge Stealth. The announcer said a GT Cobra but I don't think so. They ended up running these two cars against each other four or five times just to get a clear winner, although I think most of the spectator could see the Stealth was a faster car.

In the end, after the eliminations and messing around, the two cars left are the Stealth and the Charger. I think almost everyone thought the Stealth would beat the Charger but I told my brother that the Charger would beat him.

They lined up, the green came out and the race was on! The Stealth jumped forward by a car length but it was soon clear that Roger had been holding back. That beautiful Charger came to life and Roger just killed the Stealth. It wasn't even close. And best of all, no crash!!!!

I was a happy guy for the owner, who's name is also Mike. I talked to him afterwards and once again invited him here. I hope he shows up and introduces himself. He's a nice guy, even if he's a bit nuts, or crazy.

Lesson learned tonight - Just because some "fast" cars come out and spin their tires and sound pretty tough, it don't make it so. A lot of people had their own eyes opened to just what an SRT8 is tonight. I left tonight feeling awfully danged proud, even if it wasn't me out there, or my car.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it didn't occur to me until I was on the way home about how well "Plum Crazy" fit this guy. It all turned out well in the end, but I was sure nervous for him.

I was going to relate another story of how I killed a Mustang GT last night, twice, but this story was so much better and fun. They don't run the fan "Street" races very often and I hardly go to the stock races any more (I used to work there as the head flagman years ago though), so I hit just the right night I guess.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
If I had a SRT8, I'd do a 1/4 mile...but no freakin way race another car on a street race where we could actually hit each other LOL

·
Registered
350 Posts
great stuff...makes me quite proud to be an srt8 owner

and now we all know the new fastest color:nervous s :nervous s :nervous s :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
There is a local 1/3 mile oval track that has something like that a few times a year. I've raced there a number of times over the years and took my SRT8 there once. Most people have clean races and I've also seen cars totalled. It's usually a fun day at the track though! :)

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR WEEKLY SPECIALS! INSTALLATION SPECIALS AVAILABLE!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and now we all know the new fastest color:nervous s :nervous s :nervous s :lol: :lol: :lol:
You guys just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. :grin:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
You guys just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.....
and less metrosexual.

I see a few things wrong with this story.... one, what fun is it to let someone else race your car? two, this racing sounds extremely redneckish. three, everyone who lost should go hang themselves cuz they all got beat by a purple car and can no longer be called men.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uh yeah.... so what's yer point?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
and less metrosexual.

I see a few things wrong with this story.... one, what fun is it to let someone else race your car? two, this racing sounds extremely redneckish. three, everyone who lost should go hang themselves cuz they all got beat by a purple car and can no longer be called men.
Man this response is just pain mean....or should I say Purely evil!!!

:lol:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Man this response is just pain mean....or should I say Purely evil!!!

:lol:
Picking on the plum crazy guys is like taking candy from a baby.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I thought that Plum Crazy was a perfect name for me but it seems that Purevil is even more so for you!!!! :D
Yes, and a purple car is perfect for you, cuz your a girl. Black is perfect for me, cuz im a man..... and straight! ZING!

These guys need to do a commercial with a plum crazy charger. HAHAHAHA http://milbestlight.com/tv_spots.aspx

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes, and a purple car is perfect for you, cuz your a girl. Black is perfect for me, cuz im a man..... and straight! ZING!

These guys need to do a commercial with a plum crazy charger. HAHAHAHA http://milbestlight.com/tv_spots.aspx
Pure Evil...at first I thought you were kind of funny. Now..its become clear your an A$$. Also..you keep having to tell everyone your a man...soundls like you have some insecurity there dude. maybe you can cool it now.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts