Charger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,651 Posts
man I have like 8 amber lights and everything to hook them up. I have just been too busy to do it. Maybe this weekend. I will hook mine up to the fog lights though.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You should have bit the $4 more dollars... and got the sound module. Very nice and clean install.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I would love to see a plum crazy with 15000K or 25000K on some sites HIDs purple..i know the visibility is poor but i'd love to see the all around purple look. I'd do it if i had a plum crazy charger

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bump for new lower grille lighting pics in post #1. Next up, that hood scoop.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I LOVE IT.
cant wait to see the scoop grille.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Best lookin plum in the forums so far...love thos grille lighting!!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
With the help of the best ad-hoc engineer I know, my Dad, we got the final light installed into the hood scoop. Originally he was enjoying Father's Day by relaxing with his granddaughter, but I could tell he had the itch to lend a hand.

Yes, pics on the way, and it will be everything you ever wanted to know about the SRT8 underhood panel and hood scoop air intake, but were afraid to ask. :eek:

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
How were you able to get at your lower grille?
Sadly, I had struck something on the expressway and had to remove the front and rear belly pans. So while I was under there, I did the lighting.

If you are just doing the lights, which is my recommendation :eek:, the pans themselves just come off with screws and bolts. As an FYI, the SRT8 only had 5 inches of clearance under the front fascia, so I ended up putting the car on jackstands, the ramps I had were too steep of an angle to roll onto without scraping.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yep. just get it lifted and use remove the belly pans, its actually really easy

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Thanks MrDolomite for a Great install write up. Yesterday I finally took the time to install, and wire up my CCFL green lights. I installed the two upper green lights without any problems. When I started hooking up the two lower green grill lights I found 1 of them broken while still in the box, so I'll have to finish this mod a little later.

Here are a few pics.

Thanks again, Ken

21 - 40 of 46 Posts