Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small, inexpensive addition to the OEM HEMI badges. As always, the color is difficult to photograph, but it matches spot on.

The "6.1" is the OEM Challenger badge p/n 68029274AA

The gold Pentastar is the OEM p/n 77R06288

Closeup Before:

Closeup In progress:

Closeup After:

Distance Before:

Distance After:

·
Super Moderator
11,601 Posts
Very Nice :bigthumb:

-=FLEX=-

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I like it... I was debating doing mine in red... but the overlays I kept putting on my front SRT grille emblem kept peeling off...

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Mine have been holding up well, even through washings. I bought the SRT grille overlay in purple as well, but didn't end up putting it on as I had added the old school Charger script which is bright chrome, and I liked the balanced look. http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107627
yes, I saw that... nice job...

I think the surface on my SRT grille emblem wasn't completely smooth and that caused air bubbles... didn't matter how many times I prepped it either. I now have another emblem I'm putting on there soon, so I don't have to worry about the other one anymore:cowsmile:

·
Registered
592 Posts
recently 'blacked-out' the rear script to make it match the fender logo. It has not peeled or been a problem in a few months.
I also have vinyl "R/T" graphics applied to my chrome clad wheels, sortof duplicating the SRT logo that is stamped/molded into the wheel.

They have held up nicely for at least 5-6 months now.

BTW, as someone else already mentioned, prep is everything. You can also 'cheat' by spraying windex on the spot and applying the graphic while it is wet. This 'slip layer' allows for alignment, and gives a way to squeegie out air.
+++

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Welcome to the "Traditional Pentastar on the right front only fender" club. :bigthumb:

:driving:

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,453 Posts

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
The pentastar is not my thing but if U like it that's all that counts!!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dolomite, This one here would look better IMHO?!
Yeah, I thought about getting a silver one instead of the gold, because the car doesn't have a lick of gold on it anywhere. But when I found out I could get the OEM one right from the stealership instead of buying it from the web, I decided that heritage + convenience = sold :)

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
A small, inexpensive addition to the OEM HEMI badges. As always, the color is difficult to photograph, but it matches spot on.

The "6.1" is the OEM Challenger badge p/n 68029274AA

The gold Pentastar is the OEM p/n 77R06288

Closeup Before:

Closeup In progress:

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beerchug:

Closeup After:

Distance Before:

Distance After:

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
I like it! Looks fantastic! :)

Mine are the opposite. Black HEMI with purple on the outside.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Brian. Nice job with the graphics. I like the old school pentastar on the fender as well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts