Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys i just went to the muffler shop today to install my new Borlas 112's. I noticed a problem with the way they put the sideskirts on the car (bottom painted panel under door). Basically they were just sitting on top of the metal as sopposed to being snaped around the metal. When driving the wind forca could just rip these panels right off. So i took a small pic and flatblade and pulled the lip onto the metal peice and snaped it onto the metal. Please take a look at yours and make sure its ok. Any questions feel free to ask. Looks like dcx was in hurry or sleeping :asleep: putting these cars together.
One other thing simple question what does LX stand for. Like Lxforums.com

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
LX is DCX's (Daimler Chysler) internal designation for the basic platform which underlies the 300C, Magnum, and Charger. Automakers have done this forever. My 87 GLHS Charger and its cousins the Omnis were "L bodies". The shadow/Sundance twins were "P bodies"

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has any one checked this out on thier car?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dutch so your bottom panels aren't just flapping loose? Are they nice and tight around the metal? Hopefully mine was just like this. Fixed now =).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts