Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you please post pictures of your Charger R/T AWD with 20" rims and tell me which wheels you chose and how happy you are with the change.

Please note if you lowered the car or kept it the stock height.

I am considering going with one of factoryreproductions.com 20" chrome or silver painted wheel. Any opinions on the quality & durability of their wheels?

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
:zlurking:

Waits for Gabe's post :)

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I'm currently planning on going with the Factory Repro's myself, but with black pockets, and I made a photo-chop to see what it would look like :) :

I love the look, and I'm hoping to have the set-up by next spring :D

I have used a set of 20x8 ASA JH8 rims for the last 2 summers, and recently sold them to a fellow member.

Here are some pics with those rims installed, and yes, my car is lowered on Eibach springs (~2" drop after settling) :

Also, click on the "my mods & other stuff" link in my sig and scroll down in the first post ... you'll see a bunch of photo-chops with rims that fit the AWD's ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Gabe is our AWD "wheel master"! :grin:

Actually, I got the idea for these from one of his threads, too! :bigthumb:

Sport Edition KV5, 20", with 255/45/20 Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires. The car is lowered to "stock RT height" with Pedders springs. :clap:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sport Edition KV5, 20", with 255/45/20 Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires. The car is lowered to "stock RT height" with Pedders springs. :clap:
I cannot tell if they are chrome or not. Please clarify. Where did you buy the wheels?

I see you live in Ohio, how did the wheels hold up to the salt this past Winter?

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Rob, they are "silver painted", I did not want chrome. I bought the wheels and tires from Tire Rack. Mounted, balanced and with the TPMS sensors installed. The balancing did need a little "touch up" at my local tire store on their Hunter machine, but they've been fine ever since.

They were not out in the snow n' salt last year, but they will be this year. :eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ron, I like that wheel alot and being that it is painted and not chrome should hold up well to the harsh elements.

Do you have any other pictures that capture a closer look at the wheels?

Thanks, Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts