Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Ok fellow Charger owners as you can tell next to my screen name I'am a newbie. I can't stay off this site and your guys's info is the best. My appriciation goes out to all of your help. :happy: I wan't to stay on three topics here. 1.) What exhaust do you have? (How does it sound to you? How much did it cost? Where did you buy it from?Any power gains?) 2.)What intake do you have? (How does it sound to you? How much? Where did you buy it form? Any power gains?) 3.)Lowering kit. (What kind do you have? How much did it lower? How's the ride? Where did you purchase and how much? Oh yeah any pics would be nice. I'm also looking into the mopar springs if any one could help.

I know there has been many post about these aftermarket mods but if i can get these questions answeres in one post it would be great. :wink:
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
welcome and here we go:

1. borla 125s - incredible - 900 - www.hhpracing.com - probably.
2. mopar cai - installing monday but based on everyone - incredible - 300 - www.leeparts.com - probably
3. eibach sportline springs - 2.25" all around - it's lowered so like a honda (you feel the road) - military retail site - 300ish

pics for some of this are at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/swill...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/swill...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

more pics need to be posted just been to lazy and my other computer died...waiting on a part

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow i see your posts every where. Your an incredible asset to the communtiy when it comes to helping fellow CHARGER owners. Thank You Go Daady! I dont know how to qoute your orignal meesage when i reply back so i just put your name :wink:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hit the quote button in the bottom right hand corner and no problem helping out....i have nothing better to do for the next 6 to 9 months...seriously (and it sucks)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I have the MagnaFlow Exhaust and the Mopar CAI - I could not be happier. I spend about $1000 for both, but the installation was done either by me or a friend. The sound is SO mean and the CAI without a doubt increased my off-the-line performance.

·
Registered
212 Posts
1. I have a Flowmaster 40 Series muffler. Sounds great kinda quiet but thats what I was looking for. It only cost 150 installed. Local guy in town. Not sure if any power gains.

2. Want to get a Mopar CAI just need to find the time to order one.

3. Don't want to lower because I am putting 20's on it in a month or so.

Good idea with the all in one post though.

:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any others out there that can help?

·
Registered
384 Posts
based on the videos and the reviews posted here I chose a zoomers exhaust - 980 after shipping (I was in a group buy through APerformance).

I ordered the K&N Aircharger intake off of ebay - most gain for the money - for 200

and my car isnt even here yet, scheduled for monday delivery though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey all...

I'm new to the forums as well, but wanted to thank aflores for starting this thread and trying to consalidate some of the major mods.

Thanks to everyone else for adding your info to the thread for us to find so easily.

I ordered my charger last week under Employee Purchase (mom works for DC), so I might get it sooner than expected (kind of a perk of EP).

Anyway, since it might get here sooner than I expected, this is needed info. What made you chose your particular exhaust over one of the other big manufactures (magnaflow, flowmaster, zoomers, etc)? Was it price, previous experience, bad experience? Just curious. I've heard all of these names before on car shows, but I don't know anyone personally that has any of them, so reading the forums has been very benefitial to me. Just wanted to hear more from those of you that know a heck of a lot more about this than I do. :)

Thanks all!

·
Registered
103 Posts
So far I have Zoomers. Getting a CAI done next, undecided on which though, K&N or Mopar. Ive heard good things about both, basicly a CAI seems to give nothing but sound at this point, without tuning, so I may wait a bit.

Love the Zoomers, really love them. Ive had Mustangs with Flowmasters and the Zoomer sound is better IMHO. Picked them because Ive heard alot of good things about them, and the shop is local, and Ron seems like a good guy. They were priced a little bit above the best price Ive seen Borla 125s at (group deal), but had to pay tax, which bumped the price up a little more. Still couldnt be happier with them, worth the extra I paid.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I have the K&N aircharger kit and LOVE IT! Sounds really mean, and yes, you could feel a slight power improvement! ($200)

If you dont have a ton of cash to spare, go to a muffler shop and have the rear resonators removed and 3 1/2" stainless tips put on. The stock center muffler sounds GREAT with the resonators removed. (approx $100-$150 installed)

Heres what it will sound like! :D

http://www.jasongoldberg.com/media/charger.mpg

·
Registered
290 Posts
My Opinion Is Go With The Mopar Cai And Custom Exhaust... That's What I Have And I'll Tell You What, Couldn't Have Asked For A Better Set-up... Just My Thoughts.. Everyone Will Tell You Different...i Will Try To Have Some Sound Clips Soon But This Beast Sounds Like A Grizzly Coming At Ya... Bad Azz....

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went with the magnaflow, gibson headers and the k&n cai

So far the magnaflow is on and i like it alot. Next week will be the k&n and header if the headers arrive.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
purevl said:
I went with the magnaflow, gibson headers and the k&n cai

So far the magnaflow is on and i like it alot. Next week will be the k&n and header if the headers arrive.
Hey friend, where did you get the Gibson headers from and can you give me the part#. Thank you :happy:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
1BADHEMI

Nice avatar. :frown:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Azcharger, Sorry Man... What Else Can I Say But I Liked Yours.. I'm Trying To Find A Different One..if It Is A Problem I Can Remove Mine...no Problems Here...it's Up To You...

·
Registered
290 Posts
There You Go Azcharger...i Have Changed My Avatar For You....i Hope You Can Sleep Better Tonight..lol.. I Didn't Think That Anyone Would Have A Problem...new To This But None The Less It Has Been Changed...

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a question. If I put on a CAI and a Borla 112 say....will they pass state inspections?...I live in NJ so I don't have to get her inspected again for 4 more years.Just wondering though.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah you would pass inspections billybobs r/t...i didn't even know that nj had an emmissions law.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
AZCHARGER said:
1BADHEMI

Nice avatar. :frown:
hey leave poor 1badhemi alone...if i remember correctly - you stole it first....LMAO!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts