Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me what the hell is a throttle body spacer. I bought my Airaid cai. and they recommended it. What is it for? I dont wanna waste my money if I dont need it.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
can someone tell me what the hell is a throttle body spacer. I bought my Airaid cai. and they recommended it. What is it for? I dont wanna waste my money if I dont need it.
I would pass on it... get a ported throttle body instead

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
throttle body spacers do NOTHING. It has been prove time and time again. Also, a ported throttle body really only shows gains when teamed with a ported intake manifold

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
It is a waste of $$$.

·
Registered
866 Posts
They pretty much covered it. Congrats on the Airaid.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Yeah, I noticed a difference on mine. The DUB CAI that I was running before the Airaid was probably a bit louder, but I "feel" like I get better performance out of the Airaid. Plus the filter on that thing is huge.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you dont mind me asking what is that diablo tuner and 180 T-stat you have?
Im new as you can see.

·
Registered
866 Posts
If you dont mind me asking what is that diablo tuner and 180 T-stat you have?
Im new as you can see.
No problem. I didn't know what ANY of this stuff was either until I joined the forum and one of my buddies (who's also a member on here schooled me to a lot of this stuff).

The tuner is made by Diablo Sport and let's you change a lot of the factory settings on your car to optimize performance. I'm running a 93 CAI tune which goes which works in conjunction 93 octane fuel and the CAI that I have. You can also adjust things like shift firmness, rev and speed limiters, etc...

The 180-stat is just a 180 degree thermostat as opposed to the factory ones that come with our cars. You can get one for about $12 from autozone.

(BTW, I'm not a car or Charger guru. I just pick up a few things on here from time to time. So anyone else can jump in if I miss something) ;)

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the people that "recommended " it should be slapped

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
No problem. I didn't know what ANY of this stuff was either until I joined the forum and one of my buddies (who's also a member on here schooled me to a lot of this stuff).

The tuner is made by Diablo Sport and let's you change a lot of the factory settings on your car to optimize performance. I'm running a 93 CAI tune which goes which works in conjunction 93 octane fuel and the CAI that I have. You can also adjust things like shift firmness, rev and speed limiters, etc...

The 180-stat is just a 180 degree thermostat as opposed to the factory ones that come with our cars. You can get one for about $12 from autozone.

(BTW, I'm not a car or Charger guru. I just pick up a few things on here from time to time. So anyone else can jump in if I miss something) ;)
Yes- get the Predator and thermo- best bang for the buck:rocker::rocker:
He told me it would increase my HP and FM by opening some valve to let the air in only when needed. And some other stuff. It sounded good I give him that
Sounding good is exactly what they go for- but dyno tests or change in the quarter mile are the true tests:beerchug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts