Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, can someone please tell me what tire size is best fit with 20 inch rims on an 2008 dodge charger sxt? I bought used rims and they came with 225/30R20 and there is a huge wheel gap.. what size would look great with 20s ? Thank you in advance .

also the rims have 2 air stems, one on the back that is close to hitting part of my break system, with a bigger tire will it fix that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply, and mine is RWD too.
I read in another forum that 255/45R20 looks good but wouldn't that be too wide? If your 245/45 works guess I'll go that route

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Hello everyone, can someone please tell me what tire size is best fit with 20 inch rims on an 2008 dodge charger sxt? I bought used rims and they came with 225/30R20 and there is a huge wheel gap.. what size would look great with 20s ? Thank you in advance .

also the rims have 2 air stems, one on the back that is close to hitting part of my break system, with a bigger tire will it fix that?
2 air stems???

I've never heard of that. Can you post pics?

As far as your tire size, a 225/30/20 is ridiculously small and a very low sidewall (25.3" total wheel/tire diameter)

Like said previously, a 245/45/20 is a much better size to fill the wheel well, and with your suspension height a 245/50 (or even 55) would close the gap even further. In general, you want as total wheel/tire diameter of around 29.5-30.5"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for the reply, and mine is RWD too.
I read in another forum that 255/45R20 looks good but wouldn't that be too wide? If your 245/45 works guess I'll go that route
I run 245/45 on my SXT RWD and it fits fine and my car is lowered on Eibach springs. Ive also had 255/45 and it gave me no problems. the choice is yours with those two tire sizes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts