Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, couple quick questions. Looking into getting my whole car dipped. How much are your guys paying to have it done professionally and how long does it take? Anybody know how it holds up in the northern states?

Thinking about koi orange, electric green or flat black. Anybody have any good pics of these colors?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I did mine myself ...matte black. Total cost under 500 with the procar kit from DYC. Holding up to CT winter just fine....body and wheels.

1389416849132.jpg
1389416882321.jpg

Then here is s local ELG that I shot as an example....color is crazy bright in person.

1389416948337.jpg

-- sent from my HTC DNA --

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ha ha...I already entered it in the fall contest at some point.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty much wash your car good, dry it completely and spray it on from my understanding. DYC has a rediculous sale going on right now and I may have to bite the bullet and buy supplies for now and wait for spring

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Its not hard...out of 10, maybe a 5 in difficulty. Just have to take your time and do it right so you get a professional result.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can do it yourself with fairly good results just make sure you watch all of DYC's videos. The biggest "problem" area will be your hood and roof.

I'd charge roughly 550-600 depending on the color of the paint for a matte finish. I have 2 gallons of Koi sitting around(you'd need 2-3 more).

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
That koi has great coverage too...worked with it back in the fall, was really impressed

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DYC has a guy about an hour away from me that quoted me at $600 for koi orange and 2.5-3 days to do it. Reasonable? May also get the hood scallops blacked out and maybe the roof too.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I may just attempt it myself sometime this spring. I may attempt something on my bike first.... Thinking flat black, blue flames with green edging on the flames...

I'm guessing it's too cold in PA to try an unheated garage project

·
Registered
34 Posts
I may just attempt it myself sometime this spring. I may attempt something on my bike first.... Thinking flat black, blue flames with green edging on the flames...

I'm guessing it's too cold in PA to try an unheated garage project

Yep. I'd recommend 65+ temp wise. If it is too cold it wont work well and if it is too hot it will dry mid air. Just through a space heater in the garage but make sure to get some good ventilation going.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have done it in temps from 45 to
90. Humidity is the biggest factor to be worried about that I have found.

$600 is not bad, but check out other work in person first and look at things like finish...edges...door seals...overspray.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I will give him props for creativity...and looks like a decent install on the dip. Can't say I like the execution though

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I dipped my car gun metal grey a couple weeks ago love it. Took about 5 hours

Rims are pretty dirty from snow melt but they have withstood 2 winters now. They are Matte black PD.

Already thinking about going pure purple on my car though

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts