Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so there was a kinda bad rain storm today, and while i was driving, it went through a kind of deep puddle, and when i got home, i heard a scraping noise coming from under my car. i looked under the front and there was a plastic peice hanging down, and i dont know what it connects to. does anyone know what im talking about? and if so, do you have any advice on fixing it? imma try to post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Was it the plastic sheild under the oil pan? If so it's held on by screws, you might of stripped them out.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Are you talking about the belly pan under the front? if so there are two bolts that hold it on. But it sounds like it mite have broke.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
its gotta be the bellypan, out of all 3 chargers in my family within 30k miles it breaks and starts scraping. it's held in by one bolt on either side (like the others said). its safe to ride with it off, and when you get your oil changed at jiffy lube they even charge you $10 less if its not on there lol.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

thank you guys for the quick response, im about 100% it is the belly pan, it is right in the center of the car . . . so its cool to take it completely off? i hate those damn plastic peices.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
thank you guys for the quick response, im about 100% it is the belly pan, it is right in the center of the car . . . so its cool to take it completely off? i hate those damn plastic peices.
Should be fine, it just keeps dirt and projectiles away from the bottom of the motor.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
yep its 100% safe. my car hasnt had it for ~20k miles:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
there's a metal piece in the center thats also held on by 2 bolts that can also come off, it does nothing but rub on the pipes and make ugly noises. as for the rest of the plastic i think it all can come off safely, i wouldnt remove anything if its not causing a problem though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts