Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have been researching this for a couple months now and i have decided to go ahead and do the entire body and rims matte black.

From what i have found the plasti dip is great in weather such as snow, rain, ice, salt from roads etc. ( I live in Colorado) it is really easy to clean up and comes off the car really easy and is safe for paint. I plan to go Matte Black With a Mopar Blue Stripe down the side.

has anyone done this before? i have seen some challengers with this and they look pretty awesome. (ill post a pic of the challenger)

Comments? Suggestions?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6863404976/in/photostream/lightbox/

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
I plan on doing my daily in matte white....

·
Registered
365 Posts
There is a group on Facebook that has pics of all different cars done up with plastidip. All different colors too. So yes and has been done, and yes, it's looks AWESOME!!!!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im really looking forward to getting started on this project. Im starting to really like the idea of Matte black.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
A friend of mine did his charger (bboypersia) and my boss has an old VW he's done in the gun metal color. There's a site that'll sell you the whole kit with buckets of pd and a spray gun. I think my boss said he spent around $200 on his kit and had extra to spare. Apparently it's expected to last around 2 years on a daily car.

Going black on black is a good choice, if you get any scrapes or dings it'll stil be black underneath.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good luck on it, I did about half my car (basically one giant stripe) with plasti, when I took it off 2 months later (during summer at 110 degrees) it pulled off my clear coat with it...some sections didn't come off so I ended up buying a solvent to get it off. I can't bash 100% on the stuff, I still have my wheels coated and love the look, and I am ok with doing small sections, but I had an issue with large areas, the being the stand up guys at plastidip and dipyourcar.com when I brought my concern to them they politely ignored me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i doubt they ignored you, good thing i saw this thread because they now have a forum.

theres people plasti dipping $65k CTS-V's and they have done it multiple times and no problems.. same goes for the guy with the GT-R...

·
Registered
278 Posts
i doubt they ignored you, good thing i saw this thread because they now have a forum.

theres people plasti dipping $65k CTS-V's and they have done it multiple times and no problems.. same goes for the guy with the GT-R...
No they did, they got back to me within 24 hours when I was interested in buying their product, but I sent 3 e-mails to each of them with no response. It may have been a fluke what happened to me, but I just wanted to throw that out there just as a heads up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
thats why they have a phone number, i seen on the forum some guy was not satisfied with the way things turned out, they ended up giving him a full refund on what he purchased. they even tried to help him and everything.

if you have a problem look into calling instead of emailing...

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's past and I am over it, I am just wanting to give a heads up as a precaution, nothing more.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I would imagine they didn't reply because they didn't have anything to say. They certainly wouldn't admit their product caused your problem if it was a fluke, and they're not likely to get into a conversation about an issue that caused by their product.

From a purely business standpoint it's probably best to just not reply. I'm sure there's nothing they could say to make you happy, so it's not like they'll win back a customer. That and sending emails back and forth about it only gives you something to use as reference when telling others about your bad experience, so the wise business move is to let it go. Just a guess though, because I'm no business man.

PS, back to the car the OP posted.
I'm not usually a fan of blacked out cars, but that thing looks sinister. It actually looks pretty darn cool. I wouldn't want my car to look like that, but to see it drive by, I'd give it a second look. I like it for someone else's car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's past and I am over it, I am just wanting to give a heads up as a precaution, nothing more.

thats fine, you arent the first to say it ate your clear coat.

its not like the DYC is at fault, they supply the product they dont make it. YOU chose to dip your car and apply it yourself. I dont see anyone else to blame to be honest.

good heads up for OP though about the clear coat.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Wow!

Looks awesome, but I would be terrified of the day I need to remove it... time to remove vs. time to apply?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts