Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if I am misleading you guys, but I thought that we would be amongst the first to have pictures of the slightly different body style of the Charger.

There was one other post indicating that he saw it in person but it had no pictures.

Today, I picked up my SRT Hood Bezel and a dealer told me that he had seen it.

He said, but I do not believe him, that a functional hood dcoop would be standard.

And that the front fascia forced air somewhere (sorry I forgot and I am not a mechanic)....the brakes maybe....I don't know.

Long story short, how come no one has posted pics yet. Did I miss pix of it or are we all in the dark.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Haven't heard about it but the SRT hood scoop is functional: it brings cool air into the engine compartment but not into the intake. I wonder if they're making the SRT hood the standard now? That would be a shame.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if they're making the SRT hood the standard now? That would be a shame.
That is what what I meant when I wrote...

He said, but I do not believe him, that a functional hood scoop would be standard.
I would hate to see every Charger with a hood scoop unless the SRTs had a more aggresive one. On second thought, I wouldnt want to see that either.

When I wrote...

And that the front of it forced air somewhere (sorry I forgot and I am not a mechanic)....the brakes maybe....I don't know.
...I was referring to the fact that he said the front [fascia] would also serve to force air into the car somewhere for additional cooling purposes.

Looking back on my thread, I can see it is confusing....will change.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
oh god lol
so some dealer guy seen the new charger body? loll
if there was a top 5 list of the biggest liars in the world, car salesmen would be in that list

·
Registered
928 Posts
it shouldnt be, ive heard the 09 might have some slight changes though.

and all chargers as of right NOW have forced air coming in from the front fascia, there is a hole down by your fogs that forces air up into the airbox, anyone who has a CAI installed has seen the hole under the filter.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The new Hood scoops will be functional. As far as I have read they are only adding the hoodscoop to the Magnum SRT8's. The non SRT8's will not get a hood scoop.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
it shouldnt be, ive heard the 09 might have some slight changes though.

and all chargers as of right NOW have forced air coming in from the front fascia, there is a hole down by your fogs that forces air up into the airbox, anyone who has a CAI installed has seen the hole under the filter.
interesting i didnt know that
is there a way we can make this hole bigger and increase air flow

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I wonder if they're making the SRT hood the standard now? That would be a shame.
Why? They made a Daytona color a standard color...

So it wouldn't surprise me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts