Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Pix:
Here are some pix of our Police Charger with Eagle Eyes halo headlights and LED tail lights.

The Problem:
You'll notice in one picture that both turn signals are "solid" on. This is the "default" with the ignition on. If I have one OEM tail light installed, the LED tail light operates normally, but if both are plugged in then the turn signals stay on all the time. Not Good!

Does anyone have any suggestions. Obviously, with both LED tails plugged in, they are closing a circuit to the signals...but why and how do I stop it?

TIA,
Robert

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rest of the pix

Here are the rest of the pix including the problem I mentioned in post 1

Attachments

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I NOTICED SOMETHING!! :grin: THE HOLES IN YOUR FRONT BUMPER FROM THE LICENSE PLATE!!!! PLUG EM UP BRO!:grin: :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I NOTICED SOMETHING!! THE HOLES IN YOUR FRONT BUMPER FROM THE LICENSE PLATE!!!! PLUG EM UP BRO!
Wow! I plugged up those holes and my tail lights work normally! Weird, huh.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Wow! I plugged up those holes and my tail lights work normally! Weird, huh.
YUP VERY VERY WEIRD JUST THOUGHT ID LET YOU KNOW!!! DIDNT WANT TO STEP ON YOUR TOES!!!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, we'll be replacing the whole chin in a few weeks so I haven't really seen the need. Plus the holes give added air to the engine!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
with leds, your gonna need a load resistor. what ohms? i dont know? i think the 08's and up need less resistance and pre08's need more for some reason if i remember correctly.. i think the 08s need only 5ohms while the others need like 8 or 10.. not sure 100% im just going by what i have read. i havent tried the leds on my charger yet because of this.

i also had a problem with leds in my other dodge. but it was hyperflashing and i tried all kinds of resistors and never could correct the issues at hand. so i gave up. i came to the conclusoin that the tail lights were not run on their own circuit and tangeted off somewhere else throughout the cars wiring and thus could not be corrected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.