Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, hopefully you can help me out. I currently have an ipod touch and use it with a rca connector which plugs to the back of the unit using rca red white and yellow. When I switch the d3 to av1 I can hear the audio but no video. I did my research and found out that only the older ipods can play video. My question is what exactly do I need to be able to play video via ipod. Can I simply just buy a used 5th gen ipod video and it should work giving me ipod to d3 integration or do I also need to buy the ipod connector that plugs into the back of the d3 via like a serial port. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
Need to buy the new Ipod Touch adapter. Apple did something to disable it in the old a/v cables (not sure if this is all cables or just the non-Ipod cables). See this link.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need to buy the new Ipod Touch adapter. Apple did something to disable it in the old a/v cables (not sure if this is all cables or just the non-Ipod cables). See this link.
Read the info in the link you supplied and it appears you can use the composite rca adapter that apple sells to make video to come out in the screen with the itouch. However, I am looking for something that can integrate the ipod to the d3. I found this on ebay and is supposed to work with ipod nanos and ipod videos 5th gen. The advantage with this method is that it also charges your ipod. here is a pic, its supposed to plug to the rear of the d3 headunit. If anyone has this please chime in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts