Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JohnnyG said:
Yeah,only if ya want a pimp-mobile,which looks utterly ridiculous!! Its meant to be an american muscle car,not an american pimp mobile!!!!!! They look way too GAWDY and Overdone!!! SO much for the heritage of the american muscle car--how sad!! Just IMO!!! :rolleyes:-talking about the Charger DUB edition
Yeah, well, I was heading home from work on I-78 in PA a couple of weeks ago and came up on a silver, 300C SRT8 DUB edition in the middle of three lanes. The car was drop dead GORGEOUS! It was just stunning. I had to pull up alongside to get a good look and give the thumbs up to the "pimp" or the "playa" who must've been driving this thing. So I roll down my window and guess who was behind the wheel? A 50ish, overweight white guy with his big fat wife sitting next to him knitting something and grandma in the back seat.

Some pimpmobile. That pimp mobile crap is mothing but a stereotype that racist people have about other folks.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
ThePlainsman said:
grandma in the back seat . . .

Some pimpmobile. That pimp mobile crap is mothing but a stereotype that racist people have about other folks.
Granny's gotta keep her pimp hand strong too, son.

Holla at 'cha medication and Dr. Schol's yo.

·
Registered
175 Posts
ThePlainsman said:
That pimp mobile crap is nothing but a stereotype that racist people have about other folks.
You don't have to guess where this fine quote came from!! Looks like someone is playing the "race card". Webster defines "pimp" as, "a prostitutes agent". It doesn't mention anything concerning racism. Give it up! :neutral:

·
Registered
396 Posts
The only reason it's considered a PIMP mobile is that rappers have made it that
way. All they rap about are ho's and money. and they have taken the 300 and
tried to make it seem like the car was made just for them. Just like all you see
in a rap videos are Rolls Royce's, Bentleys and other luxury automobiles. I don't know of
another type of music such as rock or country that has a luxury car in every damn
video. they don't worship material things like rappers.

The stereotype comes from rap ! And yes when you see Snoop pimpin his ho's
rollin in a 300 then all you can say is " yep he's right ".

The Charger is considered a true muscle car with stunning looks way better
looking than a 300. It doesn't look like a poor mans Bentley thank God. But
it looks like Snoop and 50 cent and other rappers have already purchased Chargers.
and YES it looks like they will be featured in their videos about pimpin ho's, that sucks.

All that really needs to happen is rappers just leave the worshipping of cars to themselves and start producing some music that really matters to people.
Maybe start rapping about positive things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RPMSRT8 said:
You don't have to guess where this fine quote came from!! Looks like someone is playing the "race card". Webster defines "pimp" as, "a prostitutes agent". It doesn't mention anything concerning racism. Give it up! :neutral:
Give it up. Old dictionary definitions often fall by the wayside to contemporary re-definition. Case in point: the word "gay." Ask a 14 year old what it means now.

You're in denial if you think "pimp" doesn't have a racial connotation. It does. Just like Ronald Reagan's infamous "welfare queen driving a new Cadillac."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yarbie said:
The only reason it's considered a PIMP mobile is that rappers have made it that
way. All they rap about are ho's and money. and they have taken the 300 and
tried to make it seem like the car was made just for them. Just like all you see
in a rap videos are Rolls Royce's, Bentleys and other luxury automobiles. I don't know of
another type of music such as rock or country that has a luxury car in every damn
video. they don't worship material things like rappers.

The stereotype comes from rap ! And yes when you see Snoop pimpin his ho's
rollin in a 300 then all you can say is " yep he's right ".

The Charger is considered a true muscle car with stunning looks way better
looking than a 300. It doesn't look like a poor mans Bentley thank God. But
it looks like Snoop and 50 cent and other rappers have already purchased Chargers.
and YES it looks like they will be featured in their videos about pimpin ho's, that sucks.

All that really needs to happen is rappers just leave the worshipping of cars to themselves and start producing some music that really matters to people.
It's not "ho's and money." It's money and ho's. LOL. Anyway, if you're so concerned with rappers driving Chargers and 300s then buy a damn Chevy Impala or a Toyota Camry. How about a Prius? Honda Element?

I think it's silly to even care what a rapper is driving. For one thing, they have just as much right to fall in love with the Charger or 300 as you do.

Stop whining about what rappers feature in their videos and get the car you want.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
yarbie said:
Rap is what happens when you take the anger and message of punk rock, and you let every money-grubbing douche bag get their hands on it, because you have no integrity.

We almost lost it with Nirvana, but Kurt saved us all with a bullet.

·
Registered
349 Posts
ThePlainsman said:
Yeah, well, I was heading home from work on I-78 in PA a couple of weeks ago and came up on a silver, 300C SRT8 DUB edition in the middle of three lanes. The car was drop dead GORGEOUS! It was just stunning. I had to pull up alongside to get a good look and give the thumbs up to the "pimp" or the "playa" who must've been driving this thing. So I roll down my window and guess who was behind the wheel? A 50ish, overweight white guy with his big fat wife sitting next to him knitting something and grandma in the back seat.

Talk about stereo typing someone,you say "A 50ish, overweight white guy with his big fat wife sitting next to him knitting something and grandma in the back seat." If that isn't stereotyping people,I don't know what is,and by the way that could have been yo ma and pa in there,and he can still probably kick yo ass,boy!! :happy: :whistle:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just means that these cars have universal appeal. Take it as flattery. Today's definition of 'pimp' evolves into a term meanin being a playa i.e. a car that's good lookin enough to attract women. Take it as flattery for christ sake that the car have that universal appeal. Alot of us brothas have this car on our xmas wish list and don't see us trippin over the original charger appealing to the ******** painting a confederate flag on it. So give this arguement a rest already.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
mtbatol said:
and don't see us trippin over the original charger appealing to the ******** painting a confederate flag on it. So give this arguement a rest already.
Actually, Dodge was considering putting out a "General Lee" version of the Charger, but got so much backlash on the "Confederate Flag" - "slavery of the South" issue that they decided not to do it.

I am not prejudice, try not to sterotype people and detest anyone playing the "race card". I look at it as "the General Lee was a popular car from a TV series" and don't concern myself with the "Confederate Flag" issue.

Can't we all just get along? :angel:

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
mtbatol said:
Just means that these cars have universal appeal. Take it as flattery. Today's definition of 'pimp' evolves into a term meanin being a playa i.e. a car that's good lookin enough to attract women. Take it as flattery for christ sake that the car have that universal appeal. Alot of us brothas have this car on our xmas wish list and don't see us trippin over the original charger appealing to the ******** painting a confederate flag on it. So give this arguement a rest already.
Here here, brother.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
ThePlainsman said:
You're in denial if you think "pimp" doesn't have a racial connotation. It does. Just like Ronald Reagan's infamous "welfare queen driving a new Cadillac."

So MTV's Pimp My Ride is about racism?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
a14umbra said:
So MTV's Pimp My Ride is about racism?
Reading comprehension, my friend. I said the word "pimp" has a racial connotation. And it does. The stereotype of a pimp is a sharp-dressing, street-hustling black man. The stereotype of a ******* is an uneducated, unsophisticated and bigoted white man.

That doesn't make them true, but those are the stereotypes. So "pimp" my ride is about making something (in this case a car) sharp and flashy in a way it will have appeal on the streets. Ever watch the show? Some of those "pimped out" cars are definitely derivative of the 70s pimpmobile. That's where the expression and the show's title come from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JohnnyG said:
Talk about stereo typing someone,you say "A 50ish, overweight white guy with his big fat wife sitting next to him knitting something and grandma in the back seat." If that isn't stereotyping people,I don't know what is,and by the way that could have been yo ma and pa in there,and he can still probably kick yo ass,boy!! :happy: :whistle:
That's not a stereotype, that's a physical description. The man WAS in his 50s (at least). He WAS overweight (actually, he was obese). He WAS white. His wife WAS fat. She WAS knitting. And a really old lady WAS sitting in the backseat.

I guess the next time someone describes President Bush as a white man in his late 50s with graying hair, they're stereotyping him? No, my friend. They're describing him. Please learn the difference. You do have a dictionary?

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
ThePlainsman said:
Reading comprehension, my friend. I said the word "pimp" has a racial connotation. And it does. The stereotype of a pimp is a sharp-dressing, street-hustling black man. The stereotype of a ******* is an uneducated, unsophisticated and bigoted white man.

That doesn't make them true, but those are the stereotypes. So "pimp" my ride is about making something (in this case a car) sharp and flashy in a way it will have appeal on the streets. Ever watch the show? Some of those "pimped out" cars are definitely derivative of the 70s pimpmobile. That's where the expression and the show's title come from.

Sorry, I guess my comment was too subtle. I was trying to sound stupid and over simplifying. You know, for comedy effect.

Seriously, when I think pimp, I think of Guido in Risky Business. I guess it's just you frame of reference. But, I completely understand what your saying.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love to hear these discussions about the charger being a pimp ride etc..It shows just how insecure some people are. The thing is it DOES have to do with race not just Hip Hop. Might as well be real with what you mean instead of all the "slight of mouth" sideways talk that goes on here. The car has universal appeal, Deal with it or buy a Ford 500. I don't think many pimps own them. :happy:

·
Registered
99 Posts
who cares. hate it or love it. in the end its up to you. if the car makes you happy, you can give less of a damn who else has one, what race they are, when they bought it...etc...

this is a huge red light in our society these days. we tend to classify eachother far too much.
someone i was once driving with had seen a nice looking car, big rims, etc...the "pimp my ride" look. he immediately took a guess at the drivers race. when we pulled next to him, his guess was wrong- at which point he switched his guess to "drug dealer." come on now, we cant bring ourselves to useless, pointless, destructive thoughts like this. does anything change if any of our assumptions are right or wrong? are we getting paid to state our uneducated assumptions?

even if what anyone thinks IS true, who cares?! it is not affecting you, nor are your generalizations harming them.

basically....appreciate the ride...or move on...the light is green.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
great words Shazzy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts