Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be getting a white charger soon and was trying to get an idea of how I want my rims. I was debating on what to do with my current rims, MOZ Dinner Rolls. I would be using them for my new charger, but wasnt quite sure on how to paint them. Im not sure if I want the spokes black and the lip white, or the exact inverse. Or should I have my rims all black, with a white pin stripe? I dont really have a clue what I should do so can I see some pictures of white chargers with a combination of black or white in the rims?

I was thinking of something like this:
http://www.mozwheels.com/images/gallery/ACF1C1F.jpg

or
http://www.d2autosport.com/wheels/vossen/w21622blkwhite082custom500.jpg

or
Having my whole rim black then painting the chrome inserts white and add a white pinstrip around the wheel?

Here are my current rims (see sig also for a pic of my current ride)
http://www.texasautotrim.com/images/custom_wheels/moz/Dinner_Roll_6_Black.jpg

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
dinner rolls what up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i upgraded my rolls as well :)

for those.....white lip with black outer edge pinstripe.......white face (and center cap, theyre easy to paint) and black inserts (the part that are chrome now on the spokes).

whatever you do, get them dechromed. paint or powder doesnt matter.....do it. the chrome is CHIT quality and will come off during sandblasting regardless. do it right the first time, i didnt and cost me an extra 3 weeks. also, the fake wheel rivets on those rims come out super easy if you use a large punch whose face is as close to the size of the backside of the rivet as it can get (you take them out from the backside). if you use a punch whose face is too small, you run the risk of having the punch get stuck in the plastic (again, crappy quality) and break them when you hit them with a hammer. i STILL cant find metal rivets to put in, and have been told not to due to the added weight and hassle. they ONLY make chrome replacement rivets, so youll gave to either use the same chrome ones or dont use them at all. i painted mine and did a good job, but the paint still chipped and came off pretty easily on the inside of the rivet where an allen wrench would go. its easier to just roll without them.

if you want two tone, go paint. youll meet a lot of powder guys who can "do" the job, but will charge you 250 ish per rim for masking and having to spray it several times. painting will most likely be cheaper, and gives you more freedom to do crazy stuff.

i think i gave you a good run down of what to expect with these rims...let me know if you have any other questions

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wasup man ... I really want to see pictures of your rims. However, im really not comfortable with painting my own wheels lol .. i could barely paint the headlight corners because I suck at painting lol ... still not sure what I want to do ... can you post pics of your rims? From the looks of your avatar .. they look clean

I was once quoted like $900 bucks to have all 4 rims powdercoated all black with a red pinstripe around the wheel

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
the pic in my avatar is the only pic i have of these rims still lol, and ive had them back for about a month. they look great all one color...theyd look great all gloss black, but i dont know if thats your thing. ill try to snag another pic or two for you.

900 for MOSTLY one color is outrageous, a rip off, and the quoter should be slapped. i paid 85 per rim, ONLY because they were 22s. anything smaller would be cheaper. now im not saying ALL pc'ers prices are the same, and since you might want a different colored outer edge expect to pay more, but 900 bucks is just someone being an a-hole. the outer edge is the easiest thing to mask and spray on these rims, so its not a matter of it being a ton of labor to do.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright cool. Well by the end of the month ill find out if im keeping my current charger or if im getting a new one. If I keep mine I think I will get my whole rims PC to match the car and then add a red pinstripe

or if I dont keep it ... (this is were I am stuck )

·
Registered
968 Posts
Look for Trans Charger...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts