Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was board at work. So I decided to blackout my charger trunk with some Plasti Dip (DP). A little bit came off when removing the painters tape above the third brake light, but that's fix now. I think it looks pretty good. Best thing about it is if I don't want it anymore I can just peel it right off. I also PD my side markers. Let me know what y'all guys think.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Not a good product for areas that need to be taped off. It will always peel on you. Maybe take a plastic sharp edge (dont damage paint) and run on the tape edge when removing. Trying to repair, you'll see the lift areas (line).

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
you don't think it's a little too flat to be used on that much of the body surface ? look at BOS's pic. see the shine on the trunk ? don't get me wrong, i'm a PD addict too, just sayin.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
you don't think it's a little too flat to be used on that much of the body surface ? look at BOS's pic. see the shine on the trunk ? don't get me wrong, i'm a PD addict too, just sayin.
even you put a trunk decal on, in most cases people do get it in matte black, take any daytona for example, none of their trunks shine. bos has a gloss back trunk blackout going. but if you're going for a matte look, i don't see any problems with this.

btw op, looks good. i'm actually thinking of doing this too.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Looks good, I've heard that PD will start to peel pretty quick when there's an edge, let us know how it holds up!

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I like it looks great

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good, I've heard that PD will start to peel pretty quick when there's an edge, let us know how it holds up!
On the edges I had to paint it first and peel off the tape real quick before it dried. It only took me 4mins to do the whole trunk. Yesterday I drove my car thru a automatic car wash and it still looks good.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
looks real good actually

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not a good product for areas that need to be taped off. It will always peel on you. Maybe take a plastic sharp edge (dont damage paint) and run on the tape edge when removing. Trying to repair, you'll see the lift areas (line).
On the lifted areas you can only see it when the sun is shining on it and your up real close to it.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
did you clay bar the trunk before doing this.??

do you guys recommend waxing the car before applying the pd.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
did you clay bar the trunk before doing this.??

do you guys recommend waxing the car before applying the pd.

No. I just wash it real good and then pd.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Wow,looks like a decal...good job!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
how many coats did you do?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how many coats did you do?
1 heavy coat. and have peel the painters tape off really quick. If not the plasti dip will peel off with the painters tape.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts