Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, please post your vehicle side profile shot so I can get an idea of what it looks like with a smaller wheel.

I currently have Sailun Ice Blazer wst1 in 225/60/18 on my 2012 sxt, but, will be in a 392 in the next few days that only has cooper all seasons on it (g1s). So I'm in the market. I do like the idea of a skinnier winter tire, a local place had 245/40/20 minerva frostracks available...otherwise I was going to go with the sailun Ice Blazer wst1 in 275/40/20.

Any thoughts would also be appreciated. I'm in the greater Toronto area and winter will be on its way out within 2 months.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There was one aftermarket 18" wheel which would fit on the 4 piston brembo cars. Older 20x9 wheels would fit, could find a set for your winter tires. Does your new car have the technology package with the 6 piston brembo and the 20x9.5 wheels? if so you are stuck with 275's

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
These are 18x8 and will fit over 4-piston front brakes.

The SXT wheels pictured above will need a 1-inch spacer to clear.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Just picked up my car and drove it home from the dealership. Dunno if I'll go 18 inches. Aesthetically, that's a bit of a barrier for me

·
Registered
149 Posts
The OEM 18 inchers look OK, but its better to handle the winter beatings on a set of $150 wheels
IMG_0882.jpg
IMG_1231.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
I do like the 20" much better. I found these without tires for some $800 shipped,
IMG_2492.jpg

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Not a 392 here so these OEM 18s won't fit your car but I do have a 2019 R/T so same body kit.

The issue with going for 20s is that they cost way more and wear out quicker... they're generally marketed more as "performance" winter which is really an oxymoron. A 225/60/18 or 235/55/18 tires is widely available and lots of police department use them etc. so many mainstream models and good prices. You get more sidewall for winter potholes and the 18 inch wheels are cheaper too! My favorite is the Michelin XIce Snow which replaced my current Michelin XIce Xi3... they have a real treadwear warranty and have a decent speed rating too.

Aesthetically I think they look fine but they are also OEM not aftermarket. These have Chrysler wing logos I'm too cheap to buy Mopar or Dodge replacements! Funny I bough these last year they were in original Mopar boxes with the Chrysler center caps in boxes dated 2011.... I wonder how long they sat in a warehouse until they figured out no one was ordering these from the Mopar catalog!

They came on Challenger Rallye models and were also on Lancia Thema cars overseas... and sold thru the Mopar catalog for Chargers/300/Challenger but like I said who was buying OEM 18s?

Reactions: Karl_1052

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,765 Posts
What about police steel wheels, Is the offset ok?

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
What about police steel wheels, Is the offset ok?
Don't think the police steelies will clear the Brembos. If you have standard brakes just get the RWD version which look like below, don't get the ones with the many little holes, those are for AWD.

These are RWD, 18x7.5" and 31 offset and is what you want.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not a 392 here so these OEM 18s won't fit your car but I do have a 2019 R/T so same body kit.

The issue with going for 20s is that they cost way more and wear out quicker... they're generally marketed more as "performance" winter which is really an oxymoron. A 225/60/18 or 235/55/18 tires is widely available and lots of police department use them etc. so many mainstream models and good prices. You get more sidewall for winter potholes and the 18 inch wheels are cheaper too! My favorite is the Michelin XIce Snow which replaced my current Michelin XIce Xi3... they have a real treadwear warranty and have a decent speed rating too.

Aesthetically I think they look fine but they are also OEM not aftermarket. These have Chrysler wing logos I'm too cheap to buy Mopar or Dodge replacements! Funny I bough these last year they were in original Mopar boxes with the Chrysler center caps in boxes dated 2011.... I wonder how long they sat in a warehouse until they figured out no one was ordering these from the Mopar catalog!

They came on Challenger Rallye models and were also on Lancia Thema cars overseas... and sold thru the Mopar catalog for Chargers/300/Challenger but like I said who was buying OEM 18s?
View attachment 297507
Your winter wheels look much nicer than mine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What think I'll do is go with a set of Minerva frostracks in 245/45/20 and keep my own wheels on. The additional sidewall and skinnier tire should help..and I'll keep the aesthetics. Over the summer I'll look at a more permanent option.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don't think the police steelies will clear the Brembos. If you have standard brakes just get the RWD version which look like below, don't get the ones with the many little holes, those are for AWD.

These are RWD, 18x7.5" and 31 offset and is what you want.

The OEM 18" wheels barely clear the BR5 or BR9 calipers, I noticed this the first time I mounted my OEM 18x7.5 on my 2016 R/T

As mentioned before, there are some aftermarket 18" 18x8 which Tire rack says fit the Scat pack. I had seen a more detailed fitment before which clearly stated it only fits the 4 piston brembos, but can't find that

Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
These are the Tire Rack 18's that will fit on 4-piston Scat Pack.

KV5

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Your winter wheels look much nicer than mine.
Thanks, I'm happy with them too. I was going to look for a set of the 5 spoke 18s off a Challenger or something like that but I found these brand new on Ebay for $399 shipped... hard to beat that for brand new OEM wheels still in the Mopar box!

Reactions: Karl_1052

·
Registered
57 Posts
These are the Tire Rack 18's that will fit on 4-piston Scat Pack.

KV5

Can you send us a picture of those mounted on the car? I was thinking about those since they’re cheap, but I hate buying anything that’s made in China if I don’t have to. If they look good, though, I may take the plunge and put some good Michelin XIces on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts