Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i took off the fuzzy crap under the rear speakers today, i thought some people might be interested in knowing whats there without having to do to the trouble. the roof is held in by about 6 pushpins like the one pictured below. you can see the subwoofer to the left of the right 6x9 (this is sound group II) theres a weird plug that goes into each of the speakers, but i dont know what its for, as when i disconnected the plug from the subwoofer, it kept playing...



















 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
wow, i didnt know there were three speakers in there. so what size speakers are they? and do you think a larger speaker could fit in place of these? in your opinion how much space or depth is there between the covering and the top the speakers are fastened to? sorry for all the questions, just thinking about doing a switch out. thanks ahead of time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rogelio aguilera said:
wow, i didnt know there were three speakers in there. so what size speakers are they? and do you think a larger speaker could fit in place of these? in your opinion how much space or depth is there between the covering and the top the speakers are fastened to? sorry for all the questions, just thinking about doing a switch out. thanks ahead of time.
theyre 6x9s, and the sub is 8...

there arent many speakers bigger than 6x9s, but theres more than enough room to get pretty much any depth speaker you would want in there....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rogelio aguilera said:
hey jamphat, what type of subwoofers are you putting in? are you putting in 2 subs or just 1? i like how you did your illustration BTW.
one 12" RE XXX

or maybe a 15" if it will fit in my finished box.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,051 Posts
jamphat said:
one 12" RE XXX

or maybe a 15" if it will fit in my finished box.
Anyone know the dimensions of the trunk offhand? I'd like to keep my 2 10"s and my amp, if I can...keep us updated on the progress jamphat.

Are you using the stock HU?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
epoch said:
Anyone know the dimensions of the trunk offhand? I'd like to keep my 2 10"s and my amp, if I can...keep us updated on the progress jamphat.

Are you using the stock HU?
no, im not

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,425 Posts
Looks like a 10" sub could be mounted under the back deck in place of the stock sub.
I know people have replaced the 6x9's but has anyone replaced the sub with an aftermarket and driven it with the stock amp?
________
Volcano Vaporizer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maneval69 said:
Looks like a 10" sub could be mounted under the back deck in place of the stock sub.
I know people have replaced the 6x9's but has anyone replaced the sub with an aftermarket and driven it with the stock amp?
youd have to cut some serious metal to do that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
Jamphat,
What sizes are the 7 speakers on sound group II and the location?

Is it 2-3.5" in dash, 2-6 1/2" in front door, 2-6x9 on rear panel(like pic) and the 8" sub in rear?

Do the rear doors have speakers in them?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I like the design for your box...

when i get my r/t i'm probably going to utilize the space to either side of the trunk, or go all out like i did once in my neon and put in a big ported box facing the seats :)

I dunno, I still have time to figure that part out... Looks good man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,425 Posts
jamphat said:
youd have to cut some serious metal to do that...
Really?
It looked like more than an inch outside the screws that hold the 8" in.
I was not talking about dropping them in just attaching them from the bottom.
Of course it's hard to tell from a picture There may not be as much room as it apears.
Of course you could make a mounting adaptor out of mdf board. It would hang lower in the trunk.
Would it be worth driving a 10" sub on the stock amp?
________
Hotfeature cam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
So in order to remove the rear speakers, you have to remove the top cover panel in the car also?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
Anyone know if the SRT8 has an empty spot where the sub is shown there? (cuz our sub is in the back corner, in a custom fit enclosure)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
The SRT has an amp in the rear deck where the r/t has a subwoofer in sound group 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
Cool, I guess I figured so much, but thanks for confirming.. That would be the sub amp then, so hopefully I can yank it and put a new, REAL, amp in there and it should still fit..

Nothing huge but, maybe 12"x9"x2" would work, like the Alpine MRD-M605..

The sub part is EASY I just have no idea where to put the amp. I could do back of rear seat, but I wouldn't know what to drill into or where..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
...or save a lot of time and get a lot better punch and depth by purchasing Bazooka Tubes. They're round (side flex muddies the punch), are tuned to give the correct frequency, and are ported (fools speaker to think cabinet is larger than it is. More than 1/2 the sound is with cabinet tuning.

[image]http://www.crutchfield.com/S-tuxP08F5Tav/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=204BT6014&id=morephotos&a=&s=0&cc=01&g=510#morephotos[/image]

...guess I can't imbed an image during upgrade -
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top