Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is what i was talking about in the post .. this is STOCK. i have true duals to the muffler where it is a dual in single out.. this is all stock i got this car with 4 miles on it.. first pic you will see the 2 pipes comeing down to muffler , 2nd pic you will see the 2 pipes goin up . one up close and one on other side , they do not join .. this is an 2008 3.5l ho..

1st pic

2nd pic

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dunno... nobody i have talked to has a stock exhaust like this.. well 3.5l anyway..

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Can't really tell much from the pictures you posted on where they go after they go into the center "tunnel". On my 3.5L SE+ They look pretty much the same as your pictures, but there is a y-pipe right before the muffler.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have no y in my line..

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Can't really tell much from the pictures you posted on where they go after they go into the center "tunnel". On my 3.5L SE+ They look pretty much the same as your pictures, but there is a y-pipe right before the muffler.
yeah his is like

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Interesting. Not sure why there would be a difference, and I doubt it makes any difference in hp since it still has a single exit out the back.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
we were just thinkin its easier if he wants to do a dual exhaust
Unless the muffler is clamped on, it wouldn't be any easier than the factory set up with the y-pipe before the muffler. Just like installing a R/T exhaust on a 3.5L. It more or less will bolt right on. You just need a reducer too go from the stock 3.5" exhaust size to the larger R/T piping. You'd still have to change the muffler and everything else.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
here is what i was talking about in the post .. this is STOCK. i have true duals to the muffler where it is a dual in single out.. this is all stock i got this car with 4 miles on it.. first pic you will see the 2 pipes comeing down to muffler , 2nd pic you will see the 2 pipes goin up . one up close and one on other side , they do not join .. this is an 2008 3.5l ho..

1st pic

2nd pic
do you have any pics to where the two pipes converge....

especially pics around the middle of the car....

from the pics shown, that honestly look like every other v6 i've seen.

true duals are usually pipes that never cross or connect in any way.

almost any "V" engined car/truck that has exhaust ports on both sides will have two manifolds which lead into two cat converters....

for example.... check this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBc17Wpg7y0

Right in the beginning.....thats what the stock exhaust looks like from a v6....(i'm guessing you have the same) notice the two pipes near the front (after the cats) converge into a "Y" pipe, before the actual muffler which is offset to the passenger side

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
yeah .. thats what it is.. didnt know nobody else seemed to have like that..

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
yeah .. thats what it is.. didnt know nobody else seemed to have like that..
So then you do have a y-pipe before the muffler??? The video showed exactly what my stock exhaust looked like which is what I explained above.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah but my Y pipe is like right at the muffler closer then the one in the vid..

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
yeah but my Y pipe is like right at the muffler closer then the one in the vid..
so its basically the same design then.

you got any pics of how close it actually is to the muffler? it may be a new 08 thing they started doin. but it prob more than likely has clamps/disconnects right after the two pipes come towards each other near the front... so the setup should be the same as all other v8's.

as far as i know, magnaflows and borlas for v6's cat back fit 06 to 09's... so it has to be the same design

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah its about the same

·
Registered
109 Posts
The last pic posted by HSKR is exactly what my 08 SE pipe looked like when i took it off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts