Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post pics you find of Charger Pace Cars Here.

here is one to start us off

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Imagine if they made a VERY small number, like 500, of SRT equipped Daytonas? What kinda markup would you see on those?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would love a SRT in daytona colors.. I wish there was a way for me to order my SRT in Orage or Yellow... DAMN dodge and its crappy limited colors for the SRT.. Hell I'll take a gunmetal silver over the plain silver..

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Thread cleaned, back to out normal topic:)

·
Banned
591 Posts
WELL, in this months Mopar Action magazine they show Mopar Performances own David Hakim launching " one of the new 6.1L Daytonas " as they call it. The car is new. You'll see the 6.1 as an option in time Iam sure. Alot of people dont care for scoops, spoilers, 20s, leather. It'll be a superbee type deal. Cloth interior and 425 HP.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is it just me or does that Daytona look Inferno Red?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Turbo, I'll lean towards a typo to explain that.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
TurboAWD said:
WELL, in this months Mopar Action magazine they show Mopar Performances own David Hakim launching " one of the new 6.1L Daytonas " as they call it. The car is new. You'll see the 6.1 as an option in time Iam sure. Alot of people dont care for scoops, spoilers, 20s, leather. It'll be a superbee type deal. Cloth interior and 425 HP.
WHAT?

If this is true, I need a change of pants. I'd kill to be able to get a Daytona without leather. Do you have any more information on this?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I do not see them offering a 6.1L in the daytona..

Not unless they offer an SRT daytona.. The only time you shall see the 6.1L is when it has an srt badge on it.. And the comment on 20's.. well they are required because of the large brake rotors. which is a great thing. the SRT-8 has a massive set of claws for braking.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Well, sent a letter to the tech editor over at Mopar Action, since it was a cam article, figured he'd be the man.

Here it is

Sir,

Your recent article on cams for the new Hemi has caused quite a stir over at Chargerforums.com
One of our members pointed out the caption in the lead of that article which says that a Mopar Performance driver was pictured launching what’s referred to as “A 6.1 liter Daytona”. Every other source of information we have says that only SRT-8 chargers will be offered with this engine. Are we incorrect, or is that caption incorrect? Since I will be buying an SRT myself, the question is of little consequence to me, but some of our Daytona buying members are needless to say a tad excited

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Well, sent a letter to the tech editor over at Mopar Action, since it was a cam article, figured he'd be the man.

Here it is

Sir,

Your recent article on cams for the new Hemi has caused quite a stir over at Chargerforums.com
One of our members pointed out the caption in the lead of that article which says that a Mopar Performance driver was pictured launching what’s referred to as “A 6.1 liter Daytona”. Every other source of information we have says that only SRT-8 chargers will be offered with this engine. Are we incorrect, or is that caption incorrect? Since I will be buying an SRT myself, the question is of little consequence to me, but some of our Daytona buying members are needless to say a tad excited
Nice. Well-written, to the point.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts