Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I'm a long time dodge owner picking up my new R/T today. I've owned Dodges for as long as I can remember from my 1971 Charger I bought when I was 20 (still in my garage, they'll burry me in that car) to the 2001 Dakota R/T I just sold, to the '07 I'm picking up today.

The first Mod I want to do is get rid of the Chrome Grill insert and convert it to the matt black grill with the retro R/T emblem that comes on the Daytona's. I've seen the emblems for sale from Dodge, but not the matt black grill. Is it available or should I just scuff and repaint the chrome one that comes stock on the R/T

Thanks Folks

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Greets and Congrats and the new R/T. We need some pictures :)

I grew up across the river from you in Hopewell Jct., but I haven't been back there in 10+ years.

You can order the whole grill the R/T symbol from mopar supercenter, they have tons of stuff and decent prices. The whole grill comes out as one peice after you remove the 4 screws and unlock the 4 tabs. Took me about 1.5 hrs to change over.

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/daytona-r-t-style-grille-completepkdaygrille.html

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
You're in the right place. Your knowledge will be appreciated. Use the search engine, read the rules, post your comments and have fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Hey All,
I'm a long time dodge owner picking up my new R/T today. I've owned Dodges for as long as I can remember from my 1971 Charger I bought when I was 20 (still in my garage, they'll burry me in that car) to the 2001 Dakota R/T I just sold, to the '07 I'm picking up today.

The first Mod I want to do is get rid of the Chrome Grill insert and convert it to the matt black grill with the retro R/T emblem that comes on the Daytona's. I've seen the emblems for sale from Dodge, but not the matt black grill. Is it available or should I just scuff and repaint the chrome one that comes stock on the R/T

Thanks Folks
Welcome Pete, from CT. You're in the right place. Peace\/

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forms from the Midwest. Did you get the fast color (black) or did you settle for something else?
:laugh:
Thanks Beasst :)

I didn't get black (sorry). My Dakota R/T was black and it looked great right after I washed it but that would only last for about 30 seconds then it just looked dirty all the time so I swore to myself I'd never get another black car.

This one is Torred

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Congrats on your purchase .. I know what you mean about black, my truck was black too and it stayed clean for all of about 3 minutes after a cleaning.

So no more black for me.

Congrats !

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Its like two different worlds going from my Dakota to my Charger. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome, enjoy the new ride!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to the forums. An NO WAY should you waste that '71 as a coffin. I'll take it. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts