Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided last Wednesday that I was going to buy a new Charger R/T. Without much effort I found the car that I wanted and picked it up Saturday afternoon. Magnesium R/T with both convenience packages and the moonroof. Nice car and plenty of fun. I've got a few items in mind for increasing performance and happen to have an inside track on some of the work that DCX has done with their post-production prototypes. In the mean time, I'll probably just be lurking around, watching for ideas.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
elcapitan87 said:
I decided last Wednesday that I was going to buy a new Charger R/T. Without much effort I found the car that I wanted and picked it up Saturday afternoon. Magnesium R/T with both convenience packages and the moonroof. Nice car and plenty of fun. I've got a few items in mind for increasing performance and happen to have an inside track on some of the work that DCX has done with their post-production prototypes. In the mean time, I'll probably just be lurking around, watching for ideas.
Welcome Ryan! Congrats and enjoy. Let us know what mods you have the inside track on PLEASE!!! Mike :happy:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats, I got my R/T saturday as well.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Congrats to both of on your new rides :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmaloy said:
Let us know what mods you have the inside track on PLEASE!!!
A good friend of mine works at MSX, who DCX contracts for the post-production prototyping for the entire LX platform (how's that for alphabet soup?). The mods that I have an inside track on aren't any different than the other mods people are doing, except I can get the car datalogged and retuned via StarScan. Headers, cam, intake, torque converter (all items in the DCX parts bin BTW) and a little more agressive tuning and they've had an R/T into the 12s this summer.
Once I have the motor broken in, I'll dyno the car between each change to hopefully provide some good numbers for true whp gain from each mod.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sounds like something SuperChips is hoping to accomplish with their tuner that the rest of the masses have to purchase to unleash the beast. Welcome to the forums.

Later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts