Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, i just got my rims fixed when i curbed it, so my baby was looking good again, well driving home on the I-8 going east back home, i clipped a giant bbq grill, more than likely it fell of the back of a truck because i see that **** all the time, and people dont tie them down thinking it will be safe just standing up while driving on the freeway probably going 80 plus on the far left lane, i notice the van in front of me all of a sudden swerve, and when i saw what he swerved it was too late, it was coming towards me, and swerved as best as i could to the shoulder without hitting the center wall, but i ran it over, i thought it was a sink until i pulled over and saw wheels to a bbq grill, damage is ****ed up bumper, ripped of my right side underpanel, damaged the fog light, scratch my rims again, tire fenders are loose as ****, and a scratch down my right side, i already just put the claim and have to drop a 500 dec. that money could have gotten to something else, especially im about to hit 30,000 miles, and was going to get some quantum blue. grrrrrr and add more insult to injury a acura almost back into me on the same side where it got damaged because they werent paying attention, i honk my horn and they got mad like it was my fault, until i got out of my car and they relaize possibly a 6'5 240 pounder could hurt them. im sorry if i seem so negative, my baby is hurt, and im sad.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
At least insurance should help you out this time around on the damages.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya they are, i go to all state so they can get a good look at it, the fact that the driver never came back to the scene pissed me off, if hes caught i believe its a felony here for not securing his cargo

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dude like you said, happens all the time. I drove into a bed liner one night doing about 65 with my truck. Luckily there was a minor scratch on the bumper. I did have one of those after market hood scoops fly off my car a few years ago in AZ. It almost landed on the guy behind me hood. I went back to retrieve it but couldnt find it. Traffic was going way to faster and there was no safe place to pull over so I had to goto the next exit. It pissed me off cause there was 300 out the window and now I have a outline on my hemi decal. The good thing is I have a reason to buy a new hood.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ran over a rock the size of my head yesterday was on a street where a party was going on ppl every where I didnt See it herd a clunk but good thing is no visible damage thankfully. Sorry to hear about your car. Its very frustrating dealiing with inconsiderate people.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is a good reason to buy a new hood :-D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts