Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I post pics from my Photobucket site and find the pics are a tad too big on the forum. I tried the resize thing through XP but doesn't seem to work. Can someone help me with resizing pics to a smaller size. Thanks.

Gary N

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Gary

You dont need to buy or download a program to resize pictures. Open the picture in "paint", program built in to Windows. In the top Menu bar, click on "Image", then on the sub menu click "Attributes". The next smaller box that comes up lets you type in dimensions you want

Tom

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Gary

You dont need to buy or download a program to resize pictures. Open the picture in "paint", program built in to Windows. In the top Menu bar, click on "Image", then on the sub menu click "Attributes". The next smaller box that comes up lets you type in dimensions you want

Tom
That is one way to do it, although it's quite primitive. However, I did notice something. When I take pics with my 4.0 MP camera and resize them using Picture resizer in XP (Microsoft Powertoys for XP) they are usually around 400-500kb for a 1024 X 768 image - too big for CF postings. But if I open that same image in MS Paint and just do a 'save as' and rename it without changing the size, the new image is usually around 250-300kb for the same 1024 x 768 image, with no noticeable quality degradation. Perfect for a CF post!

Just a little FYI from Mr. Flexy

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
The problem with using Windows Paint is you have to calculate the ratio of height to width. Better to open the picture, right click on it, and choose edit. If you have Picture Manager, select resize picture and shrink it by percentage.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
I dont think he has picture manager, not sure which windows he is running. And he isnt very computer knowledgeable (sorry Gary) so i went with the easiest way possible. Yes primitive but if you dont have the software you have to find other ways.

Tom

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
You should be able to resize photos directly in photobucket.

When you're in your album you can see all of your pictures (and the 3 links under them for posting them). Click the picture you want to change to view it on its own. Just above the picture you'll get a menu to re-size and it will give you 3 choices. Choose a size and the image saved in photobucket will be resized.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Doesnt photobucket have a maximum file size limit??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts