Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May not be the place but can someone help me out. I've tried the whole photoshop thing and find myself getting more and more frustrated. Will someone please make the hood gloss black. I'm scheduled to get a good wrap this weekend and wanted to get an idea of what it may look like. Thank you

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Here you go. Gloss black wrapped hood.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Pretty sure that's going to look bad ass. I'm looking forward to the real pics when it's done!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
You're welcome. I know Photoshop has such a huge learning curve and if you don't constantly play and experiment with it, it can be frustrating. Took me awhile to learn how to color over something without compromising, or just plain covering up the initial picture. You have to use the brush feature in the "overlay" mode at around 75% opacity.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seeing the picture, I'm definitely ready. I'll post a picture once it's done this weekend.

Yeah I found myself getting more and more frustrated. I bought one of those pads with the pen a while back thinking I would try to get into it but I don't have the patience. Last time I tried was when i tried adding wheels. I had the YouTube videos plaing in the background but no luck. Maybe I'll take a better picture of my car and try again using your tips. Thanks again

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'd like to suggest an alternative. I think the hood cut lines look a little funky around the headlights.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to suggest an alternative. I think the hood cut lines look a little funky around the headlights.
That's a really good look too. See this is why photoshop wouldnt be good for me. I would be up all night doing different things with my car.
This gives me a few options to work with. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That's a really good look too. See this is why photoshop wouldnt be good for me. I would be up all night doing different things with my car.
This gives me a few options to work with. Thanks for the suggestion.
The upside is being able to see how something looks before paying for it. :beerchug:

·
Registered
385 Posts
What was that wrap going to cost. I might get my new scat pack with the matte roof to match the rims and matte spoiler instead of the gloss black that does not match the rims or spoiler.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay one more request because tomorrow is the big day. Can you bring the middle down to the front bumper part. Right now it stops at the cut off line. But I wonder what it would look like if it went just across the cut off line.

What was that wrap going to cost. I might get my new scat pack with the matte roof to match the rims and matte spoiler instead of the gloss black that does not match the rims or spoiler.
I was quoted 200.00 for the whole hood. Not sure what they would charge if I just do down the center.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Just saw your request. Hope it's not too late, but here's what you asked for......

Attachments

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just saw your request. Hope it's not too late, but here's what you asked for......

Woke up first thing this morning wondering which way I'll go this afternoon. I think this is it. The lines flow better. And to me, the extra little piece up front blends it in. Thanks again everyone for your help

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Glad we could assist you in your decision making. Make sure that you post up pictures!!!!!

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it didn't turn out as I expected but it's getting re done so I won't complain. The lines aren't as straight as I wanted. Plus they forgot to add the piece on the front bumper so I feel they rushed that part. Nice guys and willing to correct the issues.
On a lighter note. I like how the black glass blends with my factory color. You have to look right at the car to notice it. Kinda like the factory black top I have. I can't wait to see the end results.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sorry to hear it didn't turn out the way you wanted. I hope you get it finished the right way because you will always have your eyes drawn to the problem areas. Even if nobody else is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts